News Stories Tagged museums
See the reclining Buddha, the Royal Palace, and the red light district. And then on your second day in Bangkok, check out these ten ultra-cool alternative attractions.
It's baby season for the UK as the world awaits Kate Middleton and Prince William's royal baby. London hotels, restaurants, and museums are getting in the spirit with wild baby-themed offerings.
Film buff or not, Los Angeles Contemporary Museum of Art's Stanley Kubrick exhibit is stunning, showing the history of the man, his methods, and of course his iconic movies. Go now, before it closes.
No Europe jaunt would be complete without a hit of culture, so we put together the ultimate list of new openings, fab festivals, and more to pack into your summer itinerary.
This MoMA PS1 Communications Director searches the world for great art—in private collections and big museums, in hidden galleries and out in nature. And she's not stopping there. Here she talks art pilgrimages and where to brunch in NYC.
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll. And there's no better way to celebrate the milestone than with a Fab Four-themed adventure in Liverpool and London.
Come springtime, Washington DC's draw is its gorgeous cherry blossoms. But there's so much more to see and do this season, from soon-to-close exhibits to spotting bald eagles and water lillies.
Calling all hotel (and travel) nerds! Get thee to the Vancouver Art Gallery for "Grand Hotel: Redesigning Modern Life Exhibition" to ogle old hotel artifacts and see just how far hotels have come in the last century or so.
You could go to San Francisco ten times and still not see it all, so we're here to help curate your next trip with pizza champ and chef Tony Gemignani's insider picks—he tells us where to eat, drink, shop, and more.
He may have never visited Chicago himself, but the Windy City played a huge role in Picasso's artistic career—it was where many of his works made their American debut 100 years ago.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Top 10 State Fairs in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- Car Lover's Guide to Germany
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $699 & up -- All-Incl. Punta Cana Adults Trip w/Air, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $79 -- Weekends at Dallas 4-Diamond Hotel, Save 50%Sheraton Dallas Hotel by the Galleria
- $1115 & up -- 6-Nt. Madrid & Barcelona Trip w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $125 -- San Juan 4-Diamond Hotel, 45% OffSheraton Puerto Rico Hotel & Casino
- $1473* & up -- Fly to Australia from the West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand
- $439 & up -- 4-Star Puerto Rico Vacation w/Air, 40% OffCheapCaribbean.com