News Stories Tagged museums
Humpback whales are Hawaii's other visitors that show up every year. They stick around from December through May, making that the best time to go see them up close in all their glory.
There's more to museums than stuffy tours and crowd-swarmed masterpieces. We chatted with Museum Hack for a Q&A about their playful alternative tours that let you see the fun side of history.
See the reclining Buddha, the Royal Palace, and the red light district. And then on your second day in Bangkok, check out these ten ultra-cool alternative attractions.
It's baby season for the UK as the world awaits Kate Middleton and Prince William's royal baby. London hotels, restaurants, and museums are getting in the spirit with wild baby-themed offerings.
Film buff or not, Los Angeles Contemporary Museum of Art's Stanley Kubrick exhibit is stunning, showing the history of the man, his methods, and of course his iconic movies. Go now, before it closes.
No Europe jaunt would be complete without a hit of culture, so we put together the ultimate list of new openings, fab festivals, and more to pack into your summer itinerary.
This MoMA PS1 Communications Director searches the world for great art—in private collections and big museums, in hidden galleries and out in nature. And she's not stopping there. Here she talks art pilgrimages and where to brunch in NYC.
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll. And there's no better way to celebrate the milestone than with a Fab Four-themed adventure in Liverpool and London.
Come springtime, Washington DC's draw is its gorgeous cherry blossoms. But there's so much more to see and do this season, from soon-to-close exhibits to spotting bald eagles and water lillies.
Calling all hotel (and travel) nerds! Get thee to the Vancouver Art Gallery for "Grand Hotel: Redesigning Modern Life Exhibition" to ogle old hotel artifacts and see just how far hotels have come in the last century or so.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $15 & up -- Nationwide Car Rentals in Spring, 65% OffHertz
- $2399 -- Luxe 10-Nt. Caribbean Cruise incl. Air, Save $2000Oceania Cruises
- $749 & up -- 9-Night Bermuda & Caribbean Cruise, Save $600Royal Caribbean
- $129 & up -- Washington, D.C., Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $2199 -- Cuba: 5-Nt. Havana Vacation w/Air, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $1766 & up -- Tokyo & Kyoto 6-Nt. Package w/Air & TrainTripMasters.com