News Stories Tagged museums
Film buff or not, Los Angeles Contemporary Museum of Art's Stanley Kubrick exhibit is stunning, showing the history of the man, his methods, and of course his iconic movies. Go now, before it closes.
No Europe jaunt would be complete without a hit of culture, so we put together the ultimate list of new openings, fab festivals, and more to pack into your summer itinerary.
This MoMA PS1 Communications Director searches the world for great art—in private collections and big museums, in hidden galleries and out in nature. And she's not stopping there. Here she talks art pilgrimages and where to brunch in NYC.
It's been about 18,000 hard day's nights (er, 50 years) since The Beatles changed rock 'n' roll. And there's no better way to celebrate the milestone than with a Fab Four-themed adventure in Liverpool and London.
Come springtime, Washington DC's draw is its gorgeous cherry blossoms. But there's so much more to see and do this season, from soon-to-close exhibits to spotting bald eagles and water lillies.
Calling all hotel (and travel) nerds! Get thee to the Vancouver Art Gallery for "Grand Hotel: Redesigning Modern Life Exhibition" to ogle old hotel artifacts and see just how far hotels have come in the last century or so.
You could go to San Francisco ten times and still not see it all, so we're here to help curate your next trip with pizza champ and chef Tony Gemignani's insider picks—he tells us where to eat, drink, shop, and more.
He may have never visited Chicago himself, but the Windy City played a huge role in Picasso's artistic career—it was where many of his works made their American debut 100 years ago.
Finding great art is not a museum-exclusive hunt. These hotels are the best among the many that not only boast stunning architecture on the outside, but that have walls lined with works of art within.
Whether you're a veteran Rome traveler or a first-timer, we highly recommend taking time to soak up the local culture. Break away from the tour guides and check out some of these overlooked spots.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand