News Stories Tagged movies
An inside look at the exquisite properties featured in the new film A Five Star Life.
For a vintage vacation experience, cruise to a drive-in theater and watch the summer's best movies from the comfort of your car.
Go on location in Görlitz, Germany, to the transporting set of director Wes Anderson's film The Grand Budapest Hotel.
Much of the new Lone Ranger, just released this week, was shot on location in Utah, using landscapes like Monument Valley, Arches and Canyonlands, and more. Step into the film with this Lone Ranger-approved itinerary.
Film buff or not, Los Angeles Contemporary Museum of Art's Stanley Kubrick exhibit is stunning, showing the history of the man, his methods, and of course his iconic movies. Go now, before it closes.
If you're a fan of the roaring Twenties or even just ol' Leo, you've probably marked your calendar for tomorrow's release of The Great Gatsby's. Hotels are getting in on it, too, with posh, themed packages.
It's about that time again—when Hollywood's elite descend on La Croisette for the Cannes Film Festival. Whether you've got passes or not, there's plenty to do around town (and beyond).
With the upcoming December release of The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, New Zealand will again be top of mind. Hunt down those real-life fantastical scenes on our Hobbit trail.
When Hollywood came calling, these 10 hotels were ready for their close-ups. So unless you're bosom buddies with Meryl, these hotels are the closest you'll get to big screen stars.
Follow in the footsteps of J.R.R. Tolkien's Bilbo Baggins and discover the charms of Middle Earth with Crystal Cruises during a one-of-a-kind shore excursion in Tauranga, New Zealand.
Both Lincoln (Abe) and Lincoln (Daniel Day Lewis' movie) had Richmond as a stomping ground, albeit in different centuries. The historic city should be your next weekend away...here's why.
We've always wanted to be Bond girls... And one of our correspondents got to do just that, living in James Bond's London for a few days as they celebrate the shadowy figure's 50th anniversary. You can, too.
The Toronto International Film Festival (or TIFF for VIPs) ended two weeks ago, but we're still reeling—snapped photos on the red carpet, did the CN Tower Walk, and lived to tell the tale.
With the Toronto Film Festival next month and Sundance booking hotels already, it's time you started planning your year in film (er, of film). Here's our roundup of prime hotel deals from Tribeca to Cannes.
As the last weeks of summer arrive, we find ourselves clinging to warm weather activities, like catching a movie under the stars. Here are the best outdoor movie series continuing through September. Here's to denial!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $118 -- 4-Diamond Calgary Hotel: Weekends w/ParkingWestin Calgary
- $159 & up -- Bahamas Long Weekend Cruises incl. NassauNorwegian Cruise Line
- $169 -- Caribbean: St. Maarten 4-Star Resort, Save 40%Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
- $700* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $157 & up -- Boston: 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 45% OffThe Westin Boston Waterfront
- $549 & up -- Ends 8/24: Bermuda Cruises w/All-Incl. OptionNorwegian Cruise Line