News Stories Tagged mountains
This mountain town is a longtime favorite ski destination thanks to its top-notch slopes, sleigh rides, and more. Check out five reasons to visit this winter.
If you were craving sunshine while this week's chilling polar vortex swept across the US, not to worry—we've recently covered your top winter getaways. From relaxing on the most luxurious beaches to perusing posh Miami boutiques, we're giving you the best of warm-weather escapes (plus a few chilly, but fun, getaways).
Some of the world’s most breathtaking resorts are far above sea level, nestled in mountain ranges and perched on top of desert cliffs. Here are our picks for the world’s most stunning mountaintop hotels.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 5 Small Airlines You Should Know
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to New York City
- Fodor's Approved: 10 Best Carry-On Bags for 2014
- Top 15 Beach Destinations for Winter Escapes
- 5 Reasons to Visit Nuremberg
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- $110 & up -- Southwest Florida 4-Diamond Resort, Save 65%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $60 & up -- Myrtle Beach Resort with Waterpark, Save 20%SeaCrest Oceanfront Resort
- $229 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $98 -- Colorado: Aspen 4-Star Resort, Save 65%Westin Snowmass Resort
- $109* & up -- Premium Economy: Nationwide Fare Sale O/WVirgin America
- $759 & up -- Sheraton Waikiki 3-Night Vacations w/AirPleasant Holidays