News Stories Tagged mountains
This mountain town is a longtime favorite ski destination thanks to its top-notch slopes, sleigh rides, and more. Check out five reasons to visit this winter.
If you were craving sunshine while this week's chilling polar vortex swept across the US, not to worry—we've recently covered your top winter getaways. From relaxing on the most luxurious beaches to perusing posh Miami boutiques, we're giving you the best of warm-weather escapes (plus a few chilly, but fun, getaways).
Some of the world’s most breathtaking resorts are far above sea level, nestled in mountain ranges and perched on top of desert cliffs. Here are our picks for the world’s most stunning mountaintop hotels.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $919* & up -- Flights to South Africa on Sale (R/T w/Tax)South African Airways
- $1698 & up -- 6-Night Ireland Package w/ChauffeurTourism Ireland
- $199-$239 -- Oahu: Waikiki 4-Star Resort, 60% OffHilton Hawaiian Village Waikiki Beach Resort
- $9 & up -- Holiday Gift Guide: Deals on 1000+ ExperiencesTravelzoo
- $1532 & up -- London: 4-Star Vacation w/Tours & AirGreat Value Vacations
- $98-$126 -- St. Louis Hotel at Arch w/Breakfast, Save 40%Hampton Inn St. Louis-Downtown (At the Gateway Arch)