News Stories Tagged montreal
Summer trips are nothing if not brag-worthy—and hitting the same place every year isn't cutting it. From Philly to Sicily, our top picks have tons going on this summer from festivals to great new eats to off-season deals.
Known for its jazz festival, chewy bagels, and guilty pleasure snack poutine, Montreal is one of the best places for a city breaks in North America. And now its time to discover its underground art scene.
With fall in full swing and the weather starting to chill, it's time to get your palette primed for hearty winter fare. Here are our top picks for the weeks ahead to give your stomach the workout it needs before the big Thanksgiving feast.
Heading to Montreal or Quebec City for some French culture without setting foot off the continent? Even if you don't have Will and Kate's royal budget, you can still enjoy Quebec's cities to the fullest. Here's some great free things to do and ways to save from our Fodors.com community.
Note that the network of tunnels, shops, and subway lines beneath the city’s surface is so large that you'll want to use the Métro to save time and energy. Remember: It's easy to get lost.
Just about every Montrealer thinks of him or herself as a gourmet. And, indeed, the city has hundreds of restaurants, markets, and food boutiques catering to just about every conceivable taste—from hot dogs stimés to steak Diane. Sampling all this without packing on the pounds would be a Mission Impossible, but a brisk gourmet walk could limit the damage.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- $789 & up -- 7-Day Alaska Cruises incl. Glacier BayNorwegian Cruise Line
- $779 & up -- 4-Nt. Riviera Maya Escape w/Resort Credit & AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $2396* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $269 -- Key Largo Waterfront Resort, 20% OffKey Largo Bay Marriott Beach Resort
- $439 & up -- Puerto Rico: 4-Star Oceanfront Getaway, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $109* & up -- Premium Economy: Nationwide Fare Sale O/WVirgin America