News Stories Tagged money matters
There's no getting around the fact that a summer trip to Europe is a fantastic, yet pricey endeavor with growing airline and fuel fees. So we're here to help with these key ways to save.
Earth Day is right around the corner and we're celebrating the only way we know how—by booking imaginary trips to some of the world's greatest eco-friendly hotels in stunning locales. Join us!
Norway's capital tops lots of lists, usually of "the world's most expensive cities." But that doesn't mean budget travelers have to avoid it completely, it just means getting creative.
Amsterdam is a city where high and low are happy neighbors, making it easy for all travelers to hop on a bicycle, taste delicious Dutch cheeses, picnic by the canals, and soak in some culture.
Topographically, hilly Hong Kong is a place of highs and lows. And the same can be said of the city cost-wise. But if you plan your trip right (with our top tips), you'll be splurging and saving in all the right places.
Our favorite financial expert is back to give us some solid tips on how to save big money on upcoming winter trips, whether they're road trips to Grandma's house or international jaunts.
Feel like relocating? Check out this list before you pack—Eurocost International has released their 30 most expensive cities in the world for expats.
Maui's got it all—from plush resorts to boutique-y beachfront stays; romantic eateries to shack-like cafes. So here are our top picks for when to splurge and where to save.
With the Golden Gate Bridge, a cutting edge food scene, and famous fog, San Francisco is one of the most iconic and notoriously pricey cities. Here's where to splurge and save in the City by the Bay
You'd be hard-pressed to find a more convenient and cost-effective way of seeing multiple sights over a week's vacation than a cruise. Here are the 10 best tips for maximizing those cruising dollars.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- America's Best Wine Bars
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways