News Stories Tagged minneapolis
Capitalizing on America's "national shopping day", hotels across the country, located near major shopping malls, are packing in the perks. Here are six of the best Black Friday hotel deals.
Top Chef star Brian Malarkey, gearing up to open a new hotel restaurant at the trendy Mondrian Los Angeles, dishes to Fodor's on his favorite restaurants around the country.
Minnesota, with its gorgeous scenery, charming small towns, and flat terrain, is the perfect place for a road trip. Author Amy Thielen divulges her favorite in-state road trip with stops for everything from candy cigarettes to house-smoked Lake Superior fish.
The best city in the US for parks and the second best for bikes, Minneapolis has that whole quality of life thing down. Go now to ogle the awesome Sculpture Garden and dine like a (Nordic) king.
For all the interesting, artsy goings-on in the Twin Cities, there's a surprising lack of independently-owned boutique hotels. Until now, with the recent opening of the chic, new Commons Hotel.
To many Americans, Minnesota is just another state in flyover country, somewhere between the East Coast and the Rockies, up there near Canada. But there's much more here than moose, mittens, and snow, and Minnesota's Twin Cities of Minneapolis and St. Paul consistently rank as two of the United States' top cities to live in. Minneapolis's thriving art scene, outdoor culture (even in the winter), affordable prices, and friendly atmosphere make this Midwest metropolis a perfect place for a weekend—or longer—escape.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall 2014 Guide to Paris | Fodor's
- 10 Best Biking Cities in the U.S.
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- World's 10 Best Art Fairs
- World's Best Fashion Museums
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- $8.89 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $161 & up -- FL: 'Orlando's Jewel' 4-Star Hotel, 50% OffGrand Bohemian Hotel Orlando
- $325 -- Oahu: 4-Star Waikiki Beach Resort, 20% OffSheraton Waikiki
- $399 & up -- Canada & New England 7-Nt. Cruise, 50% OffHolland America Line
- $251 & up -- Fall Weekends at NYC-Area 4-Star Hotel, 10% OffThe Westin Jersey City Newport
- $1459 & up -- Luxe Hong Kong, China & Macau VacationsMacau Government Tourist Office