News Stories Tagged miami
Now that the economy’s showing some signs of skipping back to health, a handful of high-end hotels are proffering packages so expensive, so luxurious, they seem to chuckle and say, "What recession?" From chauffeured limos and butlers at your beck and call, to lavish dinners and diamond-studded photo shoots, they’ve got enough ooh-la-la to dazzle any member of the jet-set elite. Meanwhile, the rest of us can dream . . . right?
There are always plenty of restaurant and hotel debuts coming out of Miami, but this year's shaping up to be one of the beach city's most buzzworthy years yet. Whether your idea of the perfect Miami vacation is dining at the hottest new eatery in town or just bunking down poolside at one of its hippest new hotels, here's a rundown of Miami's most anticipated accommodation and restaurant openings.
Access to yoga while on vacation is a must for many, and while there’s no shortage of exotic spa and wellness resorts that offer expert-instructed classes on the beach or in the jungle, what happens when you want to fit in a little Zen time during a city trip? It seems many city hotels fall short in the yoga department, with oftentimes little more than a boring beginner class thrown in here and there, usually held too early in the morning for most tastes. Fear not: You can count on a good stretch and a clear mind at these yoga-conscious city hotels.
A night out at a Broadway show, opera, or concert can easily set you back a cool Benjamin (or more). While students and seniors can often catch a price break, finding discounted seats requires a bit more digging for the rest of us. Read on for some terrific tips on snagging great seats and getting cultured on the cheap.
One of South Beach’s most iconic Art Deco gems has just emerged fresh from a facelift, with a multimillion dollar revamp that included an overhaul of the Shelborne South Beach’s guestrooms, ballroom, and lobby. Dating to 1940, the hotel’s architectural heritage has been carefully preserved, while allowing for upgrades to more modern conveniences, including a brand-new infinity pool area and three new eateries.
From chic new hotels to can't-miss art events, the season's top destinations are blossoming with fresh experiences. Whether you'd like to revel in the music at Prague's spring music festival, taste wines near the vines in Paso Robles, or mingle with Tuscan locals before the summer crowds arrive, these trips are sure to brighten your season.
Family-friendly Disney Cruise Line is rolling out some expansive changes for its 2013 cruise calendar, including a return to the Mediterranean, as well as its first-ever departures out of Miami.
It isn’t only bikinis and skin-tight white jeans in Miami. With the stylish Art Basel crowd visiting South Beach every year, and a crop of new, glossy hotels popping up this spring, Miami’s fashion scene has recently kicked it up a notch with a wash of intriguing choices.
Colombia is one of our emerging hotspots for 2012, so we were excited to learn that LAN Colombia just started offering four flights a week between Miami International Airport and Bogota, Colombia.
Florida's Gold Coast is getting another gem on January 19, with the opening of The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort in North Miami Beach. And for the debut, a special deal is on offer: Book for two nights and get a three-course dinner with wine parings at the hotel's signature Jean-Georges restaurant.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $199 -- St. Maarten 4-Star Beach Resort, Save 40%Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
- $85 & up -- 4- & 5-Star Punta Cana Hotels, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $149-$179 -- Palm Springs 4-Star Resort, 45% OffThe Westin Mission Hills Golf Resort & Spa
- $2089 & up -- Panama Canal 13-Day Cruise incl. Costa RicaCarnival Cruise Lines
- $1528 & up -- Escorted 7-Nt. Sicily Splendors Land-Only TourApple Vacations
- $139 & up -- Florida 4-Star Cape Coral Resort, 30% OffThe Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village