News Stories Tagged miami
One of South Beach’s most iconic Art Deco gems has just emerged fresh from a facelift, with a multimillion dollar revamp that included an overhaul of the Shelborne South Beach’s guestrooms, ballroom, and lobby. Dating to 1940, the hotel’s architectural heritage has been carefully preserved, while allowing for upgrades to more modern conveniences, including a brand-new infinity pool area and three new eateries.
From chic new hotels to can't-miss art events, the season's top destinations are blossoming with fresh experiences. Whether you'd like to revel in the music at Prague's spring music festival, taste wines near the vines in Paso Robles, or mingle with Tuscan locals before the summer crowds arrive, these trips are sure to brighten your season.
Family-friendly Disney Cruise Line is rolling out some expansive changes for its 2013 cruise calendar, including a return to the Mediterranean, as well as its first-ever departures out of Miami.
It isn’t only bikinis and skin-tight white jeans in Miami. With the stylish Art Basel crowd visiting South Beach every year, and a crop of new, glossy hotels popping up this spring, Miami’s fashion scene has recently kicked it up a notch with a wash of intriguing choices.
Colombia is one of our emerging hotspots for 2012, so we were excited to learn that LAN Colombia just started offering four flights a week between Miami International Airport and Bogota, Colombia.
Florida's Gold Coast is getting another gem on January 19, with the opening of The St. Regis Bal Harbour Resort in North Miami Beach. And for the debut, a special deal is on offer: Book for two nights and get a three-course dinner with wine parings at the hotel's signature Jean-Georges restaurant.
If you haven't booked your Presidents' Day getaway yet, fear not, as there are still deals to be had. We've identified substantial discounts on holiday weekend travel (February 17–20, 2012) and beyond. So whether you're looking for a beach vacation, ski weekend, or a great city getaway, rooms are definitely still available (we checked). All you have to do is get there—and these deals should help offset your last-minute airfare.
It only comes once a year, so why not close out 2011 with a bang? Check out these indulgent, blowout New Year’s Eve experiences. You might just wake up and wonder where the night went, but that’s what resolutions are for.
New hotels are a dime a dozen in big cities like New York, Miami, Chicago, and Los Angeles. So, we’ve done some inspecting and narrowed down the list. Herewith, five of our recent favorites, many of which offer value rates, to boot.
The gallery show that began as a blip on the screen of collectors and became a major international event within a decade brings of-the-moment art, plus sceney gatherings and all-night parties to Miami Beach for the next four days.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- 7 Quirky American Winter Festivals
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand