News Stories Tagged maui
Food in Hawai‘i is a reflection of the state’s diverse cultural makeup and tropical location. Fresh seafood, organic fruits and vegetables, free-range poultry and meat, and locally grown products are the hallmarks of Hawai‘i regional cuisine. Its preparations are drawn from across the Pacific Rim, including Japan, the Philippines, Korea, and Thailand—and now, "Hawaiian food" is a cuisine in its own right. Don’t miss Hawaiian-grown coffee, either, whether it’s smooth Kona from the Big Island or coffee grown on other islands.
Planning a trip to Hawaii with your family this year? Here's a guide to the best kinds of trips for kids of all ages.
This cliff-side driving tour through rain-forest canopy reveals Maui's most lush and tropical terrain. It will take a very full day to explore this part of the North Shore and East Maui, especially if you plan to make it all the way to Oheo Gulch. You'll pass through communities where old Hawaii still thrives, and where the forest runs unchecked from the sea to the summit. You'll want to make frequent exploratory stops. To really soak in the magic of this place, consider staying overnight in Hana town. That way you can spend a full day winding toward Hana, hiking and exploring along the way, and the next day traveling leisurely back to civilization....Learn more about the Road to Hana...
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $1449 & up -- 'Worlds Best' Luxury Sailings on WindstarWindstar Cruises
- $1799 -- 7-Nt. Luxury Caribbean Cruises on Windstar, 50% OffWindstar Cruises
- $599 -- Oceanview: 10-Nt. Panama Canal Cruise w/$100 CreditCruise.com
- $139 -- 4-Star Hotel at Boston Logan Int'l Airport, Save 30%Hilton Boston Logan Airport
- $165 & up -- Suite: 4.5-Star Puerto Rico Beachfront ResortBookIt.com
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona