News Stories Tagged maui
Humpback whales are Hawaii's other visitors that show up every year. They stick around from December through May, making that the best time to go see them up close in all their glory.
When on Maui, you'll have no trouble finding a good meal. Traditional huli huli chicken. Moist kalua pork. Fresh off the boat ahi tuna. Spicy Asian noodles. Come hungry.
For when the kids get bored of building sandcastles while the parents hang out at the tiki bar, here are nine activities and destinations guaranteed to entertain the youngsters and the young-at-hearts alike.
Maui's Wailea coastline is getting a hot new resort next summer when the Andaz moves into town. The modern hotel will feature local Hawaiian food and drink, as well as four cascading infinity pools.
Maui's got it all—from plush resorts to boutique-y beachfront stays; romantic eateries to shack-like cafes. So here are our top picks for when to splurge and where to save.
Discovering what awaits at the end of the Hana Highway (a.k.a. the Highway to Heaven) may be full of twists and turns and colorful distractions, but it is absolutely worth it.
There are many joys of reaching the time when "back to school" no longer refers to you. Except when it comes to this Maui-based lesson plan. Think cocktail classes, ukelele lessons, and driver's ed on the Road to Hana.
You've seen the Hana Highway and hit Kaanapali Beach, but we doubt you've ever seen this side of Maui—Upcountry. It's lush, filled with art galleries, and offers up farm-fresh cuisine.
Maui promises sun, sand, palm trees, and umbrella drinks to spare. But dig a little deeper, and you'll find fertile farming land ripe for exploring. You'll be stuffing your carry-on with lavender jam in no time.
Surfer-centric town Paia, on Maui’s North Shore, welcomed a new luxury resort to its midst in early March. Located on six acres of former sugarcane land, not far from famous surf spot Ho’okipa Beach, Lumeria Maui is an experiential retreat with programs and classes centered on yoga, surfing, meditation, and Hawaiian culture.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Ultimate Safari Planner
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Coolest Ice Hotels
- Venice's Ban on Cruise Ships: What it Means for You
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Where to Eat in San Antonio, Texas
- 10 Best US Ski Resorts for Families
- 8 Reasons to Visit Philadelphia for the Holidays
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $1198-$1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $1645 -- UAE: Dubai & Abu Dhabi 6-Night Vacation, $550 OffGoway Travel with Definitely Dubai & Abu Dhabi Tourism
- $229 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise; Kids Sail FreeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1739 -- Spring Sale: 7-Night Holland & Belgium River CruiseAvalon Waterways