News Stories Tagged massachusetts
Long, wide beaches edge the New England coast from southern Maine to southern Connecticut, with dozens dotting the shores of Cape Cod, Martha’s Vineyard, and Nantucket. The waters are at their warmest in August, though they’re cold even at the height of summer along much of Maine.
Think a visit to an East Coast city means miles of walking or being stuck in traffic to get around between sites? Think again: Boston, New York, and Washington, D.C. all offer fantastic two-wheeled exploring experiences—and they're perfect for a full or half-day bike tour. Each of these self-guided routes can be traveled uninterrupted, or you can easily pop off the bike path, lock up your ride, and enjoy some of the cities' top attractions.
Take a cue from locals and sign up for one of Boston's Park Rangers' programs. Top picks include a visit to the city stables to meet the Mounties and their horses, regularly scheduled readings of Robert McCloskey's Make Way for Ducklings in Boston's Public Garden, and city scavenger hunts geared for families....Planning a trip to Boston? Browse our online Boston guide
Have you ever wanted to spend the night inside a giant wooden beagle or a lofty treehouse? Well here's your chance.
In celebration of July 4th, Fodor's member MRand posed a question to fellow travelers in the United States forum: "What's the most impressive U.S. history site you've seen?". Over 75 nominations were posted. Unsurprisingly, many of the sites could be found in the country's capital, Washington, D.C., but there were also several located elsewhere in the U.S. and around the world. Below are just a few of the sites mentioned by members, as well as their description of their visit's experience.... What site do you think belongs on this list? Add your nomination...
MonticelloCharlottesville, VA... "Monticello. On a fall morning, fog covering the valley below, only about a dozen people there" -- mrand... Have you been here? Rate and review this experience... The Lincoln MemorialWashington, D.C.... "The Lincoln Memorial - not only for all the obvious reasons - but also because of it's later symbolic associations - including Marion Anderson's concert there after being barred from using the DAR Hall because she...
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage for 2014
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- Top 15 Beach Destinations for Winter Escapes
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- 5 Reasons to Visit Nuremberg
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $119 & up -- Bahamas Long Weekend Cruises incl. NassauNorwegian Cruise Line
- $229 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $2865 & up -- Australia 6-City Land Only Trip incl. UluruSpringboard Vacations
- $179 -- Bahamas 3-Night Cruise on Princess, Save $150Princess Cruises
- $179 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 50%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale
- $972* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines