News Stories Tagged maine
Portland, Maine has quietly launched one of the hottest restaurant scenes in the country. Form microbreweries to tasting menus, foodies will soon be flocking north. Try these six hot spots first.
From bustling waterfronts and dinners of delectable crustaceans to awe-inspiring hikes and strolls through quaint towns, Maine's packed with summertime fun. Now, what should you bring?
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand weekend on a New England beach. We've rounded up where to go this summer, with a foodie focus.
This week (April 20-28) is National Parks Week, meaning visitors can enjoy the great outdoors sans entry fee. Whether you go this week, or spread your trips out all summer-long, these are the six parks to hit this year.
If you have favorite beaches on Maui, Jamaica, and St. Barths, it's time you escaped to lesser-known isles. From the Cook Islands to Maine, these are the best of the islands you haven't been to.
Kate Christensen, author of the recently released novel The Astral, takes us on a walking tour of endlessly charming (and dog-friendly) Portland, Maine, with stops for great coffee, scenic ferry trips, and live music.
The pint-sized city of Portland, Maine may be best known for lobsters and lighthouses, but it turns out the art scene is worth the trip. Here's where to oggle, eat, and sleep for the perfect weekend away.
From garlic to lobster and from Maine to California, there are endless food (and drink) festivals throughout the summer that celebrate the bounty of this delicious season. Here are our top picks.
New England hosts a cornucopia of food festivals throughout summer and fall that pay tribute to local food and cuisine, from blueberries to lobster, and cheese to chowder. We've rounded up five of the most delicious celebrations honoring regional culinary delights, for an unforgettable taste of New England.
With warmer weather on its way (read: skimpier clothing both in the city and on the beach), motivate your fitness routine by signing up for a triathlon. Here, we’ve rounded up seven great triathlons in vacation-worthy destinations across the United States.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand