News Stories Tagged maine
The long Memorial Day weekend has just come and gone, and you're ready to look ahead to your next trip. This time you're going huge: you'll spend a week on the beach, perhaps in a rented cabin, and you're inviting a ton of family and friends. Sounds perfect, right? Well it could be—as long as you can a place that's family-friendly, safe for the kids, and enjoyable for the adults as well. Here are our top suggestions.
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy for staving off winter boredom. Here are six of the holiday weekend's very best hotel deals.
Portland, Maine has quietly launched one of the hottest restaurant scenes in the country. Form microbreweries to tasting menus, foodies will soon be flocking north. Try these six hot spots first.
From bustling waterfronts and dinners of delectable crustaceans to awe-inspiring hikes and strolls through quaint towns, Maine's packed with summertime fun. Now, what should you bring?
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand weekend on a New England beach. We've rounded up where to go this summer, with a foodie focus.
This week (April 20-28) is National Parks Week, meaning visitors can enjoy the great outdoors sans entry fee. Whether you go this week, or spread your trips out all summer-long, these are the six parks to hit this year.
If you have favorite beaches on Maui, Jamaica, and St. Barths, it's time you escaped to lesser-known isles. From the Cook Islands to Maine, these are the best of the islands you haven't been to.
Kate Christensen, author of the recently released novel The Astral, takes us on a walking tour of endlessly charming (and dog-friendly) Portland, Maine, with stops for great coffee, scenic ferry trips, and live music.
The pint-sized city of Portland, Maine may be best known for lobsters and lighthouses, but it turns out the art scene is worth the trip. Here's where to oggle, eat, and sleep for the perfect weekend away.
From garlic to lobster and from Maine to California, there are endless food (and drink) festivals throughout the summer that celebrate the bounty of this delicious season. Here are our top picks.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1639 & up -- Bangkok, Singapore & Hong Kong 9 Nts. w/AirTripMasters.com
- $105-$135 -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $799 & up -- Waikiki 5-Nt. Vacations w/Air & Car, Save $250Pleasant Holidays
- $2149 & up -- Luxe China River Cruise w/Air, $1100 OffVacances Sinorama
- $2899 & up -- Australia: Sydney Trip w/Air & Tours, $460 OffDestination New South Wales
- $139 & up -- 4-Star Ft. Lauderdale Resort & Spa, Save 60%The Westin Beach Resort & Spa, Fort Lauderdale