News Stories Tagged maine
For a weekend of outdoor adventure at Acadia National Park and small-town New England charm, head north to Bar Harbor.
The long Memorial Day weekend has just come and gone, and you're ready to look ahead to your next trip. This time you're going huge: you'll spend a week on the beach, perhaps in a rented cabin, and you're inviting a ton of family and friends. Sounds perfect, right? Well it could be—as long as you can a place that's family-friendly, safe for the kids, and enjoyable for the adults as well. Here are our top suggestions.
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy for staving off winter boredom. Here are six of the holiday weekend's very best hotel deals.
Portland, Maine has quietly launched one of the hottest restaurant scenes in the country. Form microbreweries to tasting menus, foodies will soon be flocking north. Try these six hot spots first.
From bustling waterfronts and dinners of delectable crustaceans to awe-inspiring hikes and strolls through quaint towns, Maine's packed with summertime fun. Now, what should you bring?
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand weekend on a New England beach. We've rounded up where to go this summer, with a foodie focus.
This week (April 20-28) is National Parks Week, meaning visitors can enjoy the great outdoors sans entry fee. Whether you go this week, or spread your trips out all summer-long, these are the six parks to hit this year.
If you have favorite beaches on Maui, Jamaica, and St. Barths, it's time you escaped to lesser-known isles. From the Cook Islands to Maine, these are the best of the islands you haven't been to.
Kate Christensen, author of the recently released novel The Astral, takes us on a walking tour of endlessly charming (and dog-friendly) Portland, Maine, with stops for great coffee, scenic ferry trips, and live music.
The pint-sized city of Portland, Maine may be best known for lobsters and lighthouses, but it turns out the art scene is worth the trip. Here's where to oggle, eat, and sleep for the perfect weekend away.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- Vote for Fodor's Travel to Go to the 2015 SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1541 & up -- Fiji Islands & Auckland 6 Nts. w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $1124* & up -- Fall Fares to Paris from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $183* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into 2015, One WayVirgin America
- $89* & up -- Canada: Fare Sale from Across the U.S., O/WAir Canada
- $1275 & up -- U.S. River Cruises w/Hotel Stay, Half OffAmerican Queen Steamboat Company
- $849 -- 10-Nt. Asia Cruise on Royal Caribbean w/$150 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet