News Stories Tagged maine
For a weekend of outdoor adventure at Acadia National Park and small-town New England charm, head north to Bar Harbor.
The long Memorial Day weekend has just come and gone, and you're ready to look ahead to your next trip. This time you're going huge: you'll spend a week on the beach, perhaps in a rented cabin, and you're inviting a ton of family and friends. Sounds perfect, right? Well it could be—as long as you can a place that's family-friendly, safe for the kids, and enjoyable for the adults as well. Here are our top suggestions.
A getaway over Martin Luther King, Jr., weekend (January 17–20, 2014) proposes the perfect remedy for staving off winter boredom. Here are six of the holiday weekend's very best hotel deals.
Portland, Maine has quietly launched one of the hottest restaurant scenes in the country. Form microbreweries to tasting menus, foodies will soon be flocking north. Try these six hot spots first.
From bustling waterfronts and dinners of delectable crustaceans to awe-inspiring hikes and strolls through quaint towns, Maine's packed with summertime fun. Now, what should you bring?
It's a good bet that when summer reaches sticky hot temps, you start hankering for a toes-in-the-sand weekend on a New England beach. We've rounded up where to go this summer, with a foodie focus.
This week (April 20-28) is National Parks Week, meaning visitors can enjoy the great outdoors sans entry fee. Whether you go this week, or spread your trips out all summer-long, these are the six parks to hit this year.
If you have favorite beaches on Maui, Jamaica, and St. Barths, it's time you escaped to lesser-known isles. From the Cook Islands to Maine, these are the best of the islands you haven't been to.
Kate Christensen, author of the recently released novel The Astral, takes us on a walking tour of endlessly charming (and dog-friendly) Portland, Maine, with stops for great coffee, scenic ferry trips, and live music.
The pint-sized city of Portland, Maine may be best known for lobsters and lighthouses, but it turns out the art scene is worth the trip. Here's where to oggle, eat, and sleep for the perfect weekend away.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- World's Craziest Bar Concepts
- 15 Things Not to Do in Paris
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- $1499 -- 7-Night French River Cruise w/Drinks & TipsCMV River Cruises
- $914 & up -- St. Croix 4-Star Beach Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $39* & up -- Nationwide Fares into June on Virgin AmericaVirgin America
- $79 -- Orlando Resort near Universal incl. Weekends, 40% OffWyndham Orlando Resort International Drive
- $189 & up -- Tucson 4-Diamond Resort in Spring, Save 30%The Westin La Paloma Resort & Spa
- $59* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America