News Stories Tagged machu pichu
This year marks the hundredth anniversary of Machu Picchu's "discovery" by Yale University historian Hiram Bingham. We've got the basics to help plan your own exploration of this iconic symbol of Peru—and one of the world’s must-see destinations.
The Inca Trail is one of the world’s signature outdoor excursions. Though the journey by train is the easiest way to get to Machu Picchu, most travelers who arrive via the Inca Trail wouldn’t have done it any other way.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 10 Most Unusual Landmarks in the U.S.
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1195* & up -- Summer Fare Sale to Paris from the U.S., R/TAir France
- $2399 & up -- Australia: Melbourne Escape w/Tours, Save $875Tourism Victoria
- $2009 -- Sydney & Brisbane 6-Night Vacation w/Air, $325 OffDelta Vacations
- $1275 & up -- Bangkok & Phuket 6-Nt. Trip w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $169 -- Downtown Dallas 4-Star Hotel, Save 25%Sheraton Dallas Hotel
- $2011* & up -- Premium Economy Fares to Paris (Roundtrip)Air France