News Stories Tagged louisville
With an exciting list of culinary newcomers, including an upscale cocktail bar and a neighborhood taqueria, Derby City is rounding out its foodie reputation.
Whether you're a bourbon enthusiast or have never tried the American whiskey, we have the perfect weekend itinerary for your next trip to Louisville.
Chef Damaris Phillips' sunny Southern charm and cooking made her a Food Network Star, so this Louisville local was our go-to source for the low-down on food and fun in Kentucky's metropolis.
There's something you need to know about Louisville. It is the weekend trip you've been looking for. Think cocktails (of the bourbon variety), tons of art, great food, and chic shops.
We're still recovering from the first annual Bourbon Classic in Louisville that took us on distillery tours, to bourbon and food pairing events, and into geeky bourbon workshops. The first of many, we hope.
Let's be honest: even if all five reasons were bourbon, it would still be worth it. But really, Louisville has so much more to offer than just the Derby. Here are our top reasons why.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $159-$199 -- San Diego 4-Star Waterfront Hotel, 35% OffSheraton San Diego Hotel & Marina
- $199 & up -- Seattle: 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 30%Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- Up to 10% Off -- Europe Car Rentals through SummerEnterprise
- $899 -- Suite on Princess 7-Night Cruises w/$275 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $9.10 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $1726 & up -- Hong Kong, Bangkok & Phuket 9 Nts. w/AirTripMasters.com