News Stories Tagged louisville
With an exciting list of culinary newcomers, including an upscale cocktail bar and a neighborhood taqueria, Derby City is rounding out its foodie reputation.
Whether you're a bourbon enthusiast or have never tried the American whiskey, we have the perfect weekend itinerary for your next trip to Louisville.
Chef Damaris Phillips' sunny Southern charm and cooking made her a Food Network Star, so this Louisville local was our go-to source for the low-down on food and fun in Kentucky's metropolis.
There's something you need to know about Louisville. It is the weekend trip you've been looking for. Think cocktails (of the bourbon variety), tons of art, great food, and chic shops.
We're still recovering from the first annual Bourbon Classic in Louisville that took us on distillery tours, to bourbon and food pairing events, and into geeky bourbon workshops. The first of many, we hope.
Let's be honest: even if all five reasons were bourbon, it would still be worth it. But really, Louisville has so much more to offer than just the Derby. Here are our top reasons why.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- $159 & up -- Baja Mexico: Weekend Cruises to EnsenadaCarnival Cruise Line
- $218 & up -- D.C.: Chic W Hotel next to White House, 30% offW Washington DC
- $239 & up -- Oceanview: 4-Night Baja Mexico Cruise w/UpgradeCarnival Cruise Line
- $3148 & up -- Holland: Spring River Cruise, Extra $1000 OffAvalon Waterways
- $378 & up -- Hawaii Fare Sale from West Coast (Roundtrip)Hawaiian Airlines
- $123-$181 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, Save 30%The Westin Michigan Avenue