News Stories Tagged louisville
With an exciting list of culinary newcomers, including an upscale cocktail bar and a neighborhood taqueria, Derby City is rounding out its foodie reputation.
Whether you're a bourbon enthusiast or have never tried the American whiskey, we have the perfect weekend itinerary for your next trip to Louisville.
Chef Damaris Phillips' sunny Southern charm and cooking made her a Food Network Star, so this Louisville local was our go-to source for the low-down on food and fun in Kentucky's metropolis.
There's something you need to know about Louisville. It is the weekend trip you've been looking for. Think cocktails (of the bourbon variety), tons of art, great food, and chic shops.
We're still recovering from the first annual Bourbon Classic in Louisville that took us on distillery tours, to bourbon and food pairing events, and into geeky bourbon workshops. The first of many, we hope.
Let's be honest: even if all five reasons were bourbon, it would still be worth it. But really, Louisville has so much more to offer than just the Derby. Here are our top reasons why.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $239 & up -- 5-Night Caribbean Cruise incl. Cayman IslandsCarnival Cruise Line
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $129-$149 -- 4-Star Westin Oaks at the Galleria, Save $200The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $322 -- Maui Oceanfront 4-Star Resort, Save 30%The Westin Maui Resort & Spa, Ka'anapali
- $10.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $109 & up -- NYC: 4-Star Downtown Tribeca Hotel, 40% OffSheraton New York Tribeca