News Stories Tagged louisiana
When we found out that Serious Eats, our favorite foodie blog, was publishing a book on the best eats in America, we got an exclusive list of the most travel-worthy, must-try dishes in the country.
The most noteworthy hotel news of the week is collected here, from the planned two-plus-year renovation of the Paris Ritz to the reopening of LA's Hotel Bel-Air.
Chicory was once used to stretch coffee supplies. Today, New Orleanians add the roasted root in their coffee to add richness and smoothness to the drink. Try it at CC's Coffehouse, French Market, Luzianne, and Café Du Monde.
Whether you're a foodie, a partier, a music lover, an art aficionado, or an antiques hunter, there's something for you in New Orleans—just let go and "laissez les bons temps roulez," or "let the good times roll!"
The year 2011 is almost upon us so we've rounded up nine cities around the globe that celebrate the New Year with style. Find your perfect party, from family-friendly affairs to all-night debauchery to classic celebrations.
If your hotel also keeps a ghost log in addition to a guest log, you know you’re in for a scary night. Halloween is just around the corner, and in true freak-ourselves-out style, we’ve found the spookiest hotels in all corners of the country. For extra haunted happenings, be sure to ask the about local ghost tours.
Every state boasts at least one distinctive road that tells a story about that place and its people. Most can be driven from start to finish in a day or two. Other famous historic roads actually still cross broad swatches of the country and can take weeks to travel. Here are a few of our favorites for great multi-state road trips.
One New Orleans culinary delight that is almost unknown outside the city are the fried fruit turnovers made by Hubig's Pies on Dauphine Street in the Marigny. Simon Hubig founded the bakery in Fort Worth, Texas, and the New Orleans plant was just one of the chain.
Fodor's Editor Molly Moker, while on a recent trip to New Orleans, interviewed locals and visitors alike about their favorite dining experiences in the Big Easy.
No matter where you go across the country, you're sure to find a new-to-you local delicacy or comfort food. This four part series includes favorite dishes enjoyed and discovered by the writers and editors of Fodor's Essential USA. If you ever find yourself in New Orleans, Kentucky, Tennessee, or the Ozarks, be sure to seek out these unique southern meals....
New OrleansMuffuletta Sandwich. While the origins of the muffuletta sandwich are debatable, there's no doubt about the durability of this gut-busting sandwich. Locals and visitors alike queue up at Central Grocery for whole- or half-muffulettas, Italian bread loaves stuffed with ham, salami, provolone, and a layer of olive salad.... Red Beans and Rice. You can get a plate of red beans and rice most any day, but it's traditionally served on Monday (and still shows up as the Monday special on many café menus). Legend has it that Monday was set aside for laundry, so home cooks needed something they could throw in a pot and forget about...
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $239 -- 4-Star Grand Cayman Beach Resort, Save 60%The Westin Grand Cayman Seven Mile Beach Resort & Spa
- $980 & up -- Beijing & Shanghai 6-Nt. Vacation w/AirTripMasters.com
- $199 -- St. Maarten 4-Star Beach Resort, Save 40%Westin Dawn Beach Resort & Spa, St. Maarten
- $718 -- Costa Rica: 4-Star All-Incl. Riu Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $189-$199 -- Weekends at Downtown Los Angeles 4-Star HotelThe Westin Bonaventure Hotel & Suites
- $1225 & Up -- Waikiki: 4-Star Hilton Oceanview Stay w/AirApple Vacations