News Stories Tagged louisiana
Celebrate Mardi Gras like a New Orleans local this year. Check out our insider's guide to what to do, where to eat, and where to stay.
The US South has a bit of everything. It is a culinary mecca, has stunning scenery, and boasts charming, historic towns to spare. Here are four itineraries for a summertime trip down to Dixie.
The New Orleans Jazz Festival is a force to be reckoned with—a fact we learned firsthand attending this year's 44th annual fest in the pouring rain. It was still awesome.
Whether you're Big Easy-bound for the Super Bowl, Mardi Gras, or just a weekend of great food and drink, there's no lack of fabulous places to imbibe. We did our homework and came up with the top 5 to hit now.
What would a trip to the Big Easy be without some mouthwatering food and strong, delicious cocktails? Take this insider's lead and hit these spots to watch in NOLA now.
The city may be famous for Mardi Gras, but it's Jazz Fest that really trumpets The Big Easy's musical heritage. So head south from April 27 through May 6 for the true sounds, and tastes, of New Orleans.
The New Orleans festival season is in full swing—Mardi Gras finishes up this week, the French Quarter Fest gets going April 12–15, and Jazz Fest hits town April 27–May 6 with an amazing lineup. Whether you’re headed south for the fêtes or anytime in between, there’s a new French Quarter hotel worth checking out (er, into).
If you're in New Orleans today for Mardi Gras, and all that bead-gathering has made you hungry, head to the aptly named Upperline Restaurant, on Upperline Street for a true taste of the Big Easy.
If you're planning to eat a muffuletta, a huge sandwich made with Italian meats and cheese, at Central Grocery—the best place for them in New Orleans—you'll probably do fine with half, unless you're absolutely starving!
If there's a line for table service at Café du Monde in New Orleans, head around back to the takeout window and get your coffee and beignets to go. Enjoy them overlooking the river right next door, or in Jackson Square.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $169 & up -- Charleston Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $43 -- CA: Six Flags Magic Mountain Day Pass, Reg. $68Visit Santa Clarita
- $1799 -- 7-Nt. Luxe Caribbean Cruise incl. Air, $1000 OffOceania Cruises
- $159 -- Colorado: Suite at 4-Star Mountain Resort, $290 OffBeaver Creek Lodge
- $284 & up -- 3-Day Cruise to Nassau w/Live ConcertCarnival Cruise Lines
- $429 & up -- South Caribbean Cruise w/Upgrade; Kids FreeNorwegian Cruise Line