News Stories Tagged los cabos
Las Ventanas al Paraiso, a 71-suite, award-winning Rosewood Resort in Los Cabos, is taking luxury to a new level with today's debut of a dozen lavish beachfront villas.
While an infinity-edge pool that glints under the sun is fabulous, nothing beats a private pool you need not share with other hotel guests. At these seven properties, enjoy a plunge pool to call your very own.
Hyatt recently announced the opening of their first venture into the all-inclusive resort market with the Hyatt Ziva Los Cabos. Plans are in place for more Hyatt all-inclusive resorts.
Model and actress Molly Sims has traveled around the globe for both work and pleasure. Here she divulges the places she loves most and returns to often.
On the tip of Mexico's Baja Peninsula, sun-drenched Los Cabos draws in everyone from honeymooners and celebs to hard-partying spring breakers. Here's how to get it right, no matter what you're looking for.
Think of Los Cabos and you'll probably have images of umbrella drinks and sandy beaches swimming in your head. Shake those off in favor of these awesome off-the-beach activities (think baby turtles).
Not all beaches are swimmable all the time (or ever). Flags on beaches alert you to the surf. Red flags warn of dangerous swimming conditions; yellow flags indicate that you should use caution; and green flags mark safe-swimming areas.
What once was the drink of the poor Mexican farmer is now produced en masse and enjoyed internationally, with countless varieties crowding shelves across the world. Unfortunately, lower-quality brands make up the bulk of exports, so if the thought of sipping this heady liquor turns your stomach, take some time to seek out some of a higher quality while you're in Los Cabos.
Every December through March, gray whales swim 8,000 km (5,000 mi) south from Alaska’s Bering Strait to the tip of the Baja Peninsula. Up to 6,000 whales swim past and stop close to the shore at several spots to give birth to their calves. Whale-watching boats—most of them pangas (small skiffs)—must get permission from the Mexican government to enter whale-watching areas.
Baja aficionados will tell you that you haven't explored the peninsula unless you've driven its length. Mexico Highway 1 (Carretera 1 or the Carretera Transpeninsular) run 1,700 km (1,054 mi) from Tijuana to Cabo San Lucas—a major journey, requiring at least a week one way. Unforgettable!...
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $4599 -- Suite: 15-Night Luxury Indian Ocean CruiseWindstar Cruises
- $5199 -- Namibia 11-Night Adventure w/Air, Save $600Friendly Planet Travel
- $615 & up -- Maui 3-Nt. Beachfront Trips w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $79 & up -- Orlando Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $2499 -- Luxury Yacht: French Riviera 9-Night Cruise w/HotelWindstar Cruises
- $476 & up -- Fiji Travel Deals up to $2000 OffTourism Fiji