News Stories Tagged los angeles
If you're traveling this summer, it's time to look out for promotional deals attached to your credit card, airline miles, or hotel loyalty program; you might be surprised by the sweet deals you'll find.
Enjoy short or long hikes on Santa Catalina Island Conservancy's trails.
Perusing flea market fare in foreign cities can be a rewarding experience. You’ll spend the day rubbing shoulders with local shoppers and vendors, and you can usually find truly unique souvenirs to bring home. Herewith a rundown of our favorite flea markets around the globe.
Looking to indulge in a spring break escape, minus the throngs of drunken college kids and $3 tequila shots? Here are five suggestions for sophisticated spring break getaways for grown-ups, delivering romantic brushes, adrenaline rushes, gastronomic indulgences, and more.
The sheer expanse of Los Angeles's urban sprawl can be intimidating for shoppers looking to browse, with neighborhoods spanning from beyond the Hollywood Hills to the Pacific Ocean. Better to be armed with a list of the best LA fashion boutiques for some targeted retail therapy on your next trip. Here, we’ve narrowed down the city’s choices to seven superlative picks.
Access to yoga while on vacation is a must for many, and while there’s no shortage of exotic spa and wellness resorts that offer expert-instructed classes on the beach or in the jungle, what happens when you want to fit in a little Zen time during a city trip? It seems many city hotels fall short in the yoga department, with oftentimes little more than a boring beginner class thrown in here and there, usually held too early in the morning for most tastes. Fear not: You can count on a good stretch and a clear mind at these yoga-conscious city hotels.
Paligroup’s second LA darling opened February 1 on shopper-friendly Melrose Avenue. Following the success of Palihouse Halloway in West Hollywood, the boutique Palihotel Melrose sticks to the same code: Bohemian cool at value prices.
A really good film will take you places, sending you not just on an emotional or intellectual journey, but also transporting you to the film’s locale, thanks to its strong sense of place. From this year’s list of Academy Award-nominated films, travel takes a front-seat view, transporting you from the Hawaiian tropics to small-town Mississippi, and from exotic Bangkok to the old train stations of Paris and London. Read on for a roundup of some of this year's most transporting film locations.
You can charge anything you buy at Disneyland or Disneyland California Adventure, such as food and souvenirs, to your room, so you don't have to carry around a lot of cash.
Much like the rest of Los Angeles, downtown L.A. is spread out. If time is an issue, take a quick ride on the Red Line Metro, or on DASH, a downtown bus that costs 25 cents per ride.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays