News Stories Tagged los angeles
We're intrigued by a hyper-luxe hotel perk gaining traction around the world—they hand you the keys to a luxury car armed with a custom itinerary for the day.
Get those picnic baskets and bottles of wine out. It's time to hit the great outdoors for the annual bevy of summer music festivals that take the country by storm, from Tanglewood to the Hollywood Bowl.
In a land where 90 percent of the year is spent under sunny skies, no visitor should skip a visit to LA's splendidly sprawling beaches. Here are our tips for hitting the beach like a local.
If you're traveling this summer, it's time to look out for promotional deals attached to your credit card, airline miles, or hotel loyalty program; you might be surprised by the sweet deals you'll find.
Enjoy short or long hikes on Santa Catalina Island Conservancy's trails.
Perusing flea market fare in foreign cities can be a rewarding experience. You’ll spend the day rubbing shoulders with local shoppers and vendors, and you can usually find truly unique souvenirs to bring home. Herewith a rundown of our favorite flea markets around the globe.
Looking to indulge in a spring break escape, minus the throngs of drunken college kids and $3 tequila shots? Here are five suggestions for sophisticated spring break getaways for grown-ups, delivering romantic brushes, adrenaline rushes, gastronomic indulgences, and more.
The sheer expanse of Los Angeles's urban sprawl can be intimidating for shoppers looking to browse, with neighborhoods spanning from beyond the Hollywood Hills to the Pacific Ocean. Better to be armed with a list of the best LA fashion boutiques for some targeted retail therapy on your next trip. Here, we’ve narrowed down the city’s choices to seven superlative picks.
Access to yoga while on vacation is a must for many, and while there’s no shortage of exotic spa and wellness resorts that offer expert-instructed classes on the beach or in the jungle, what happens when you want to fit in a little Zen time during a city trip? It seems many city hotels fall short in the yoga department, with oftentimes little more than a boring beginner class thrown in here and there, usually held too early in the morning for most tastes. Fear not: You can count on a good stretch and a clear mind at these yoga-conscious city hotels.
Paligroup’s second LA darling opened February 1 on shopper-friendly Melrose Avenue. Following the success of Palihouse Halloway in West Hollywood, the boutique Palihotel Melrose sticks to the same code: Bohemian cool at value prices.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1365 & up -- 4-Star Westin Maui: 5-Nt. Retreat w/AirApple Vacations
- $3999 -- Oceanview Suite: 10-Night Luxury Asia CruiseWindstar Cruises
- $1299 -- Italy: 7-Nt. Tuscany Castle Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $599 & up -- Cabo 4-Nt. All-Inclusive Escape w/Air, Half OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $629 & up -- 5-Nt. All-Inclusive Jamaica Trip, 50% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $129 & up -- Washington, D.C., Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago