News Stories Tagged los angeles
To celebrate the 150th anniversary of Cinco de Mayo, Dos Equis is testing the limits of your appetite and your will with the 10-day, multi-city Feast of the Brave taco truck competition.
We're intrigued by a hyper-luxe hotel perk gaining traction around the world—they hand you the keys to a luxury car armed with a custom itinerary for the day.
Get those picnic baskets and bottles of wine out. It's time to hit the great outdoors for the annual bevy of summer music festivals that take the country by storm, from Tanglewood to the Hollywood Bowl.
In a land where 90 percent of the year is spent under sunny skies, no visitor should skip a visit to LA's splendidly sprawling beaches. Here are our tips for hitting the beach like a local.
If you're traveling this summer, it's time to look out for promotional deals attached to your credit card, airline miles, or hotel loyalty program; you might be surprised by the sweet deals you'll find.
Enjoy short or long hikes on Santa Catalina Island Conservancy's trails.
Perusing flea market fare in foreign cities can be a rewarding experience. You’ll spend the day rubbing shoulders with local shoppers and vendors, and you can usually find truly unique souvenirs to bring home. Herewith a rundown of our favorite flea markets around the globe.
Looking to indulge in a spring break escape, minus the throngs of drunken college kids and $3 tequila shots? Here are five suggestions for sophisticated spring break getaways for grown-ups, delivering romantic brushes, adrenaline rushes, gastronomic indulgences, and more.
The sheer expanse of Los Angeles's urban sprawl can be intimidating for shoppers looking to browse, with neighborhoods spanning from beyond the Hollywood Hills to the Pacific Ocean. Better to be armed with a list of the best LA fashion boutiques for some targeted retail therapy on your next trip. Here, we’ve narrowed down the city’s choices to seven superlative picks.
Access to yoga while on vacation is a must for many, and while there’s no shortage of exotic spa and wellness resorts that offer expert-instructed classes on the beach or in the jungle, what happens when you want to fit in a little Zen time during a city trip? It seems many city hotels fall short in the yoga department, with oftentimes little more than a boring beginner class thrown in here and there, usually held too early in the morning for most tastes. Fear not: You can count on a good stretch and a clear mind at these yoga-conscious city hotels.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1807 & up -- London in Summer: 4-Night Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $1778 & up -- Peru & Machu Picchu 7-Nt. Trip w/Air & TourTripMasters.com
- $178 & up -- New Dominican Republic Hotel incl. BreakfastSheraton Santo Domingo
- $119 & up -- New Orleans Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $1267 & up -- Ireland in Fall: 8-Nt. Vacation w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $1499 & up -- Ireland in Fall: 8-Nt. Vacation w/Car from SFGreat Value Vacations