News Stories Tagged los angeles
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it. This sprawling town agrees on at least one thing: tacos. So we've compiled a tip-of-the-iceberg list of the city's best.
From a hidden drum circle in Washington DC to awesome sushi in Chicago's Ukrainian neighborhood, we've uncovered the inside track on where the locals go in five major cities across the country.
The City of Angels is a big town to master. So we consulted LA's culinary golden couple, Karen and Quinn Hatfield, for their top picks so we can set your (and our own) priorities straight.
It's almost that time of year again, when we run around in search of Irish bars at which to celebrate St. Paddy's Day. Put down the green beer—we found the best Irish pubs in the states.
Despite the fact that someone's got to drive home, Angelenos like to have a good time. And the fab and varied bar scene that spreads from the ocean to downtown is living proof of that.
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels. Alex Calderwood defines the hip boutique hotel experience in cities across the country and he has a lot to teach us on the art of cool.
Los Angeles' stellar food scene is not just making a splash, it is here to stay. From corner to corner of the sprawling city, restaurants are popping up all the time, but these are the choice spots to try now.
The holidays are...different in LA. There are Christmas trees to be decorated and peppermint lattes to be sipped, but in LA they come with A-listers. Here's how to celebrate a celeb-approved Christmas.
Hotel bars are a fixture on the LA scene—whether its celeb-spotting at the Four Seasons or hiding out at the Hotel Bel Air. Here are their most delicious, signature cocktails worth a try (or two).
Our first Fodor's Travel Tastemaker is none other than Southern (er, Canadian) chef-extraordinaire Hugh Acheson. We talked with him about all things food—road trip snacks, great meals he had in LA, and his upcoming trip to Israel.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $2583* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com
- $999 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line
- $919* & up -- Flights to South Africa on Sale (R/T w/Tax)South African Airways
- $56 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront 1-Bedroom Suite, 10% OffOcean Dunes Resort
- $52 & up -- Las Vegas Upscale Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com