News Stories Tagged los angeles
This week we spanned the map of summer getaways, but we couldn't let you go without prepping you with insider tips on vacation rentals, cool airline amenities, and off-the-beaten-path spots.
From its stunning coastline to iconic sites like the Hollywood Sign and Griffith Park, LA has something for everyone. (Not to mention awesome weather.) Book your summertime getaway around these top events.
Film buff or not, Los Angeles Contemporary Museum of Art's Stanley Kubrick exhibit is stunning, showing the history of the man, his methods, and of course his iconic movies. Go now, before it closes.
There's a new star on Hollywood's hotel horizon—The Moment Hotel. The chic, boutique hotel took over the former Sunset Inn Motel and offers sleek rooms and a gorgeous rooftop bar.
They say that if you put it in a tortilla, Los Angeles will eat it. This sprawling town agrees on at least one thing: tacos. So we've compiled a tip-of-the-iceberg list of the city's best.
From a hidden drum circle in Washington DC to awesome sushi in Chicago's Ukrainian neighborhood, we've uncovered the inside track on where the locals go in five major cities across the country.
The City of Angels is a big town to master. So we consulted LA's culinary golden couple, Karen and Quinn Hatfield, for their top picks so we can set your (and our own) priorities straight.
It's almost that time of year again, when we run around in search of Irish bars at which to celebrate St. Paddy's Day. Put down the green beer—we found the best Irish pubs in the states.
Despite the fact that someone's got to drive home, Angelenos like to have a good time. And the fab and varied bar scene that spreads from the ocean to downtown is living proof of that.
Our latest Fodor's Travel Tastemaker comes to us courtesy of Ace Hotels. Alex Calderwood defines the hip boutique hotel experience in cities across the country and he has a lot to teach us on the art of cool.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays