News Stories Tagged london
Despite the season finale, Dan Stevens (aka Matthew Crawley) was on hand to host the Big British Invite pop-up in NYC last week. We cornered him to talk about travel, British punk, and his go-to cocktail.
Whether it's a bachelorette party or a gaggle of girls who are looking to get away, we've got just the spot. From boutique-meets-outdoors Jamaica to charming, cool Montreal, this is where to book now.
London is an all year round kind of place—even as a chilly city break in winter months (like right now). You'll find fantastic exhibits, new eateries, and fewer crowds competing for tickets and seats.
We all know that the Carnival King is Rio, but there are ample opportunities to let your hair down at these Carnivals around the world. These are our six picks for where to spend Carnival this year.
Instead of a hotel, why not try a luxury short-term rental? A new service offers upscale homes in New York and London, complete with concierge service.
Every year in cities and towns across Europe, you'll find spectacular Christmas markets offering up unique and artisanal goods, local bites, and a truly magical holiday season.
London's latest stay is obsessed with trains, which is lucky considering its position just a quick walk from the St. Pancras Eurostar station. It is chic with a cool eatery and a performance venue on-site.
In the interest of bringing natural elements into the lives of busy urban dwellers, the winners of the High Line for London competition are planting a mushroom garden in the London Tube.
We've always wanted to be Bond girls... And one of our correspondents got to do just that, living in James Bond's London for a few days as they celebrate the shadowy figure's 50th anniversary. You can, too.
London is coming around to a trend that we're already enjoying stateside: the gourmet diner. From high-end burgers to a chic chicken shop, it seems like good food at good prices is the latest trend.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places Where Summer Lasts Longer
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 10 Things NOT to Do at Walt Disney World | Fodor's
- How to Tip When Traveling Around the World | Fodor's
- Top 10 Things to Do in Sonoma County (Besides Drink Wine)
- 10 Books to Read Before You Go to Paris | Fodor's
- Where to Go This Thanksgiving
- New Orleans' 10 Best Bars for Classic Cocktails
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- Fall 2014 Guide to Chicago
- $170 & up -- Savannah 4-Diamond Forsyth Park Hotel, 45% OffMansion on Forsyth Park
- $179* & up -- Coast-to-Coast Fares into 2015, One WayVirgin America
- $152 & up -- New Mexico 4-Star Resort, Save 60%El Monte Sagrado Living Resort and Spa
- $855* & up -- Global Sale on 5-Star Airline, R/T incl. TaxQatar Airways
- $1198* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $75* & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Fares into 2015, O/WVirgin America