News Stories Tagged london
In the interest of bringing natural elements into the lives of busy urban dwellers, the winners of the High Line for London competition are planting a mushroom garden in the London Tube.
We've always wanted to be Bond girls... And one of our correspondents got to do just that, living in James Bond's London for a few days as they celebrate the shadowy figure's 50th anniversary. You can, too.
London is coming around to a trend that we're already enjoying stateside: the gourmet diner. From high-end burgers to a chic chicken shop, it seems like good food at good prices is the latest trend.
Most trips to London will (and should) include stops at landmarks like Oxford Street and Spitalfields. So here's an insider's take on where to go after the sightseeing ends, without traveling too far.
North America may be slow on the bike sharing uptake, but the rest of the world has already fallen for its charm and convenience. Here, a roundup of many cities where bike sharing is well under way.
London is full of luxe legacy hotels, but South Place Hotel is their new, cool counterpart. It has elements of modern Britain at every turn, from upgraded British dishes to design-y room accents.
We are so excited for Halloween that it was difficult to not use exclamation points in this story. But really, London is giving the US a run for its money in the amazing Halloween fun department.
London hasn't seen a newly built luxury hotel in 40 years, until now. The recently opened Bulgari London hotel is a slick, sumptuous, modern hotel smack in the center of swank Knightsbridge.
London's soaring to new heights, even post-Olympics. The Emirates Air Line, which opened earlier this summer, transports passengers high above the Thames for a ski lift-like trip to east London.
From the team that brought hungry Londoners and visitors The Wolseley and The Delaunay, now comes Brasserie Zedel. It's the best traditional French brasserie to open recently across the pond.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- Top 10 State Fairs in the U.S.
- How to Renew Your Passport
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- 10 of Hemingway's Favorite Haunts
- How to Use Twitter to Rebook a Canceled Flight
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Wine Lover's Guide to South Africa
- Car Lover's Guide to Germany
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $349 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean & Mexico Cruises on NorwegianNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1812 & up -- 8-Nts. Rio, Iguassu Falls & Buenos Aires w/AirTripMasters.com
- $2550 & up -- Moorea Luxury 5-Nt. Escape incl. AirTahiti.com
- $799 & up -- Waikiki Moana Surfrider Escape w/Air & CarPleasant Holidays
- $1958 & up -- Sydney & Cairns 6-Nt. Package w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $1299 & up -- Tuscany & Rome Weeklong Villa Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations