News Stories Tagged literary
You know it for stunning gorilla treks, but if that's all you know of Rwanda, you're missing out. The country's on a major progressive upswing and now's the time to discover its many other treasures. Here, author and local expat Josh Ruxin gives the inside track.
Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown are the breeding ground of one of America's quintessential ghost stories. Follow the Headless Horseman's trail through true Halloween country in New York's Hudson Valley.
Amsterdam has an incredible past, enticing sights, and tasty cuisine. Resident expat Russell Shorto, whose new book traces its idiosyncratic history, shares his favorite experiences in the world's most liberal city.
Minnesota, with its gorgeous scenery, charming small towns, and flat terrain, is the perfect place for a road trip. Author Amy Thielen divulges her favorite in-state road trip with stops for everything from candy cigarettes to house-smoked Lake Superior fish.
Author Hannah Kent knows a thing or two about loving Iceland's rich literary side. From the Sagas to the country's oldest bookshop, here is her guide to seeing Iceland in a whole new light.
An elusive artisan cheese from the highlands of Spain leads author Michael Paterniti on a food-crazed journey from a Michigan deli to the fields of Castile in search of the story behind it.
Few destinations are as closely linked to literature as England's Lake District. Long-loved by iconic authors (and their characters), it's filled to the brim with historic homes and idyllic scenes.
Honolulu's food and drink scene is having a major renaissance right now. So we turned to author Kristiana Kahakauwila for her insider tips on where to eat, drink, and get a taste of old Hawaii.
To say that cheese is at the heart of French cuisine is an understatement, and the offerings and specialties vary wildly across the country. So author and expert Kathe Lison drew us a map...a delicious French cheese map.
Author and actress Dagmara Dominczyk takes her family to her native Poland on the regular, so when it came time to plan a summertime road trip, she knew just where to turn. Herewith, her idyllic Polish country road trip. (And a plea for the rest of us to follow suit.)
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 15 Things NOT to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- $479 & up -- Punta Cana Suite: 5 All-Inclusive Nights w/AirCheapCaribbean.com
- $109 & up -- NYC: 4-Star Downtown Tribeca Hotel, 40% OffSheraton New York Tribeca
- $78 & up -- NYC: Manhattan Hotel near Times Square, 70% OffBookIt.com
- $905 & up -- 6-Nt. Rome & Athens Package w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $191 & up -- LA: Hotel Near Universal Studios, 35% OffSheraton Universal Hotel
- $119 & up -- 4-Star Washington D.C. Hotel w/Wi-Fi, 75% OffBookIt.com