News Stories Tagged literary
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological adventures on the storied Greek island, from his first visit 25 years ago through to today.
You know it for stunning gorilla treks, but if that's all you know of Rwanda, you're missing out. The country's on a major progressive upswing and now's the time to discover its many other treasures. Here, author and local expat Josh Ruxin gives the inside track.
Sleepy Hollow and Tarrytown are the breeding ground of one of America's quintessential ghost stories. Follow the Headless Horseman's trail through true Halloween country in New York's Hudson Valley.
Amsterdam has an incredible past, enticing sights, and tasty cuisine. Resident expat Russell Shorto, whose new book traces its idiosyncratic history, shares his favorite experiences in the world's most liberal city.
Minnesota, with its gorgeous scenery, charming small towns, and flat terrain, is the perfect place for a road trip. Author Amy Thielen divulges her favorite in-state road trip with stops for everything from candy cigarettes to house-smoked Lake Superior fish.
Author Hannah Kent knows a thing or two about loving Iceland's rich literary side. From the Sagas to the country's oldest bookshop, here is her guide to seeing Iceland in a whole new light.
An elusive artisan cheese from the highlands of Spain leads author Michael Paterniti on a food-crazed journey from a Michigan deli to the fields of Castile in search of the story behind it.
Few destinations are as closely linked to literature as England's Lake District. Long-loved by iconic authors (and their characters), it's filled to the brim with historic homes and idyllic scenes.
Honolulu's food and drink scene is having a major renaissance right now. So we turned to author Kristiana Kahakauwila for her insider tips on where to eat, drink, and get a taste of old Hawaii.
To say that cheese is at the heart of French cuisine is an understatement, and the offerings and specialties vary wildly across the country. So author and expert Kathe Lison drew us a map...a delicious French cheese map.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- Where to Eat in San Francisco Now
- 5 Perfect Dublin Itineraries
- Where to Eat in Orlando Now
- 7 Great Food Festivals & Street Fairs on Oahu
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $234 & up -- Cayman Island Travel Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
- $149-$169 -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort, Save 25%Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- $729 & up -- Cabo: Riu Resort w/Kid's Club Trip incl. AirApple Vacations
- $99 & up -- British Virgin Islands Hotels up to 45% OffBritish Virgin Islands Tourism
- $765 & up -- Big Island 3-Night Vacations w/Air & Car RentalPleasant Holidays
- $1749 & up -- 5-Star Luxe Oahu Vacation w/Air, $953 OffApple Vacations