News Stories Tagged literary
Author, conservationist, and TED Talk speaker Boyd Varty shares eight top places to visit in his native South Africa.
After the recent debut of his Grand Cayman-inspired novel The Forever Girl, author Alexander McCall Smith shares five essential experiences on the island.
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history. Here, author and professor Eric Jager highlights landmarks and scenes from the city's medieval past.
Famous writers have called Paris home throughout history, and many of their favorite bars and restaurants remain essentially unchanged. Wine and dine in their honor at these 10 spots.
Author, artist, and expat Janice MacLeod shares her top insider tips for strolling around the City of Light.
Author Lorànt Deutsch dives into Paris's long history by examining different stops on the Métro, which he says represents the city’s central nervous system.
Even if you're not the most observant tourist, it's hard not to take notice of the literary history that abounds in Madrid. Here are five essential stops on any literary tour of Spain's capital.
This winter, consider making your escape to Martinique. With newly expanded air service, a major literary milestone, and some of the best rums in the region, this French-Caribbean island beckons.
Literary heavyweights like Ernest Hemingway, Tennessee Williams, and Robert Frost have all called the Floriday Keys home, and their influence is still visible on the islands today via these six places and events.
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological adventures on the storied Greek island, from his first visit 25 years ago through to today.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $749 & up -- Costa Rica 3-Night All-Inclusive Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $3999 -- 12-Night South America Cruise on Oceania incl. AirOceania Cruises
- $1649 & up -- Aruba 7-Night All-Inclusive Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $209 & up -- Oceanview: 4-Night Cruise to Cozumel, 40% OffRoyal Caribbean
- $149-$169 -- Colorado: Aspen 4-Star Hotel, Reg. $419Westin Snowmass Resort
- $999 & up -- 5-Night Vacation to Turks & Caicos, $400 OffCheapCaribbean.com