News Stories Tagged life changing trips
It's summer in South Africa's city by the sea. Cape Town's new openings and innovative offerings rival those of the most cutting-edge Northern Hemisphere cities—but at a relative discount. Here’s the inside scoop on Cape Town’s buzziest boutique hotels, hottest restaurants, and most happening art shows this season.
Whether the aim is to make the most of a school break, maximize a career break, or simply enjoy extreme bonding time, here are some tips to make your adventure go as smoothly as possible.
Combining travel and volunteering, voluntourism is a popular trend, whether it's helping the environment or local community. Here's what to expect and where to find the right program for you to give back while you travel.
Want to experience Gross National Happiness? Lisa Napoli, the author of Radio Shangri-La: What I learned in Bhutan, the Happiest Kingdom on Earth shares her insider tips to help plan your Bhutan trip.
In recent years, Kenya has quietly asserted itself to become an unbeatable destination for modern romantic and conservation-minded travel. Here are some tips for making the most of your Kenyan adventure, in the bush and on the beach.
Most visitors to the Grand Canyon are lucky if they even get to glimpse a sliver of the Colorado River below during their whirlwind three-hour tour of the South Rim. However, putting yourself at the mercy of the river and exploring the depths of the canyon from aboard a raft is an entirely different, and otherworldly, experience. No other rafting trip combines so many days of staggering scenery, whitewater thrills, and magical hikes.
Where did you go and what did you learn from your travels in 2009? Members in our forums recently shared their favorite lessons from a year of travel to destinations both near and far. Here are just a few bits of wisdom (some funny, some reflective) they picked up on the road.
I recently had the opportunity to speak with Robert Swan, the first person to have walked to both the North and South Poles, about his travels to Antarctica and and his organization, 2041, which seeks to preserve the most desolate place on earth. From his first inspirational experiences on the ice to his don't-leave-home-without yellow backpack, here are are the things that keep this professional traveler going.
Intrepid travelers in our Asia forum share the highlights (and the surprises) of their recent trips, from kayaking in Vietnam to elephant trekking in Laos.
From quick weekend getaways to once in a lifetime trips to the other side of the globe, more and more women are realizing the value in getting away with their mom, daughter, sister, niece, and close friends. Here are just a few of the destinations that travelers in our Forums chose for reconnecting with the significant women in their lives. Talk travel: Have you taken a mother-daughter trip before? Paris Bond over: setting up "house" in your week long apartment rental in the 6th, pretending to be queen for the day at Versailles Know Before You Go: Beating the Euro in Paris, Best Spots for a Picnic in Paris, Dining in Paris With and Without Reservations From the Forums: Over the Moon: Mother-Daughter Trip to Paris "My daughter really only was determined to do 3 things: visit the Eiffel Tower and the Louvre and eat plenty of steak frites. I read and obsessed for weeks planning the perfect itinerary complete with art, dining, shopping, churches, perfect walks, and lots of wonderful mother-daughter
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $476 & up -- Fiji Travel Deals up to $2000 OffTourism Fiji
- $779 & up -- Mexico: All-Incl. 4-Star Dreams Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $135 & up -- 4-Star San Diego Hotel incl. WeekendsThe Westin San Diego
- $349 & up -- Western Caribbean 7-Nt. Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line
- $5199 -- Namibia 11-Night Adventure w/Air, Save $600Friendly Planet Travel