News Stories Tagged laos
For travelers looking to venture away from the tourist hot spots, check out these Asian cities that promise authentic experiences away from the throngs.
Laos will surprise most any traveler with its endless draws, from isolated beaches to wildlife-filled forests. Here are 5 things you just can't miss on a visit to one of Southeast Asia's last frontiers.
In a new marketing stunt, Heineken asked random travelers at JFK to "drop everything" and fly to a random, exotic location on the spot, assigned by a "departure roulette" board. What would you do?
River cruises can offer a whole new way to see an exotic locale. Take a trip down the Mekong River with AmaWaterways for an immersive and luxurious experience.
Design Hotels is a well curated collection of chic hotels, known for their exceptional design —and they're offering fabulous summer specials to get you on the go for less this summer.
Southeast Asia is the new destination du jour for luxury-minded travelers who appreciate great value. Discerning travelers delight in Southeast Asia, where reasonably priced five-star hotels abound and indulgence is newly defined. With so many options, it can be a difficult task to choose the resorts truly worthy of your vacation dollars. Happily, we've narrowed down the dizzying array of choices for you: Indulge in the opulence of one of our five favorite extravagant escapes in Southeast Asia.
Laotians traditionally greet others by pressing their palms together in a sort of prayer gesture known as a nop; it is also acceptable for men to shake hands. If you attempt a nop, remember that it’s basically reserved for social greetings; don’t greet a hotel or restaurant employee this way.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- $110 & up -- Southwest Florida 4-Diamond Resort, Save 65%The Westin Cape Coral Resort at Marina Village
- $1215* & up -- Fly RT to Sydney or Auckland w/Fiji StopoverPacificislands.com
- $94-$151 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 55% OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $118 & up -- FL Keys: 4.5-Star Waterfront Resort, 65% OffBookIt.com
- $99 & up -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort, Save 30%Westin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- $338* & up -- Fare Sale to Europe (One-Way, R/T Required)LOT Polish Airlines