News Stories Tagged kyoto
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the road with your sweetie or with your family in tow, or are after a culinary adventure to remember.
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy your cravings for both culture and the great outdoors.
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers. From foodies to families, we concocted four top itineraries for lal types to explore the wonders of this mysterious string of islands.
There are infinite reasons to hit both Tokyo and Kyoto while visiting Japan (mochi donuts, anyone?). So, why not take the train round trip for a once-in-a-lifetime tour all that this amazing country has to offer?
This pass offers unlimited travel on Japan Railways (JR) trains. A one-week pass is less expensive than a regular round-trip ticket from Tokyo to Kyoto on the Shinkansen. Note that you must obtain a rail-pass voucher prior to departure for Japan, and the pass must be used within three months of purchase. The pass is available only to people with tourist visas, as opposed to business, student, and diplomatic visas.
Japan's warm fall days—without summer's humidity or winter's dampness—and dazzling foliage are reason enough to schedule an autumn visit. But October and November are also the perfect time to experience Japanese culture. Athletic events and festivals abound. Here are a few of the top fall events to check out if you're in the Land of the Rising Sun.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now | Fodor's
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 13 Family-Friendly Hotels for Your Next Big Vacation
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally | Fodor's
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- Fall Travel: 5 Essentials for a Hudson Valley Escape | Fodor's
- $869 & up -- Punta Cana: 4.5-Star All-Incl. Vacation w/AirApple Vacations
- $939 & up -- Jamaica: Montego Bay Riu Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $139-$162 -- 4-Star Phoenix-Area Resort incl. WeekendsSheraton Wild Horse Pass Resort & Spa
- $44 & up -- Las Vegas Upscale Resort Sale incl. ExtrasLasVegas.com
- $239 & up -- NYC: Holidays at Times Square Hotel, 30% OffSheraton New York Times Square
- $56 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront 1-Bedroom Suite, 10% OffOcean Dunes Resort