News Stories Tagged kenya
For many, an African safari represents a once-in-a-lifetime dream trip. We've rounded up some of the best that the continent has to offer, with recommendations for romantics, adventurers, foodies, and more.
As East Africa's annual wildebeest migration gets into full swing, the classic safari is getting a new look to fit a wider variety of tastes and budgets. Here are five offbeat ways to go on safari in Kenya right now.
Kenyans call it the seventh wonder of the world. The Great Migration is a millions-strong migration of animals across the Serengeti and the Masai Mara. And we were there to see it in all its National Geographic-style glory.
In time for the annual Great Migration (July through November), three safari camps have opened in Kenya, boasting lots of luxuries along with intimate access to nature and animals.
Each guest at this ultra-luxe Kenyan boutique hotel gets his or her own dedicated butler, on-call at all times. Need we say more?
Safari-bound travelers who don't want to give up the pampering, take note—Segera Camp just opened in Kenya with local artworks, solar energy, full-service bar, and open-air deck for sundowners.
If you're hankering for a look at the Big Five but don't want to give up modern creature comforts, this hotel is for you. Within the Olare Orok Conservancy, it blends plush amenities with gorgeous safari scenes.
A safari is a once-in-a-lifetime trip. Whether it's viewing game in Botswana, hanging with the Masai in Kenya, or gaping at the Great Migration. Here are our expert tips for planning your unforgettable safari.
Safaris are endlessly romantic—searching for beautiful animals, bumbling around in an uncovered Jeep, relaxing with nightly sundowners. Pack smart, and chic, for your African adventure.
Yesterday, the U.S. State Department issued an updated travel warning for US citizens living in or traveling to Kenya as a result of heightened terrorist activity and crime in the area.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- America's 15 Best Small-Town Festivals
- World's Most Unique Dining Experiences
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- $109 & up -- 4-Star Lake Las Vegas Resort incl. WeekendsWestin Lake Las Vegas Resort & Spa
- $129-$139 -- Stylish Downtown Memphis Hotel, Save 25%Sheraton Memphis Downtown Hotel
- $779 -- Alaska: 7-Night Glacier Cruise on NorwegianCruiseDeals
- $2299 -- Ireland Land-Only Escorted Trip in SpringGlobus
- $2405 -- Luxe Rhine River Cruise w/Drinks, Tips & ToursA-ROSA Cruises
- $69-$79 -- MA: Hip Cape Cod Hotel incl. Weekends, 45% OffHarbor Hotel Provincetown