News Stories Tagged kentucky
Whether you're a bourbon enthusiast or have never tried the American whiskey, we have the perfect weekend itinerary for your next trip to Louisville.
There's something you need to know about Louisville. It is the weekend trip you've been looking for. Think cocktails (of the bourbon variety), tons of art, great food, and chic shops.
You may have your hat packed and mint juleps on the mind, but there's more to doing the epic Kentucky Derby right. We turned to a few Louisville locals and got their hard-won secrets.
We're still recovering from the first annual Bourbon Classic in Louisville that took us on distillery tours, to bourbon and food pairing events, and into geeky bourbon workshops. The first of many, we hope.
No disrespect to the wondrous destination that is California wine country, but we think it's high time to shed light on the rest of the country's wine regions, from Arizona to, yes, even Kentucky.
Let's be honest: even if all five reasons were bourbon, it would still be worth it. But really, Louisville has so much more to offer than just the Derby. Here are our top reasons why.
Churchill Downs has announced an ultra-exclusive space on the sixth floor of the Clubhouse that will be invitation-only for both the Derby and the Oaks. They're calling it the Mansion.
From garlic to lobster and from Maine to California, there are endless food (and drink) festivals throughout the summer that celebrate the bounty of this delicious season. Here are our top picks.
No matter which way the road takes you, this country is filled with quirky, historic, and hilarious roadside stops. From circus museums to a giant T-Rex watching you golf, here are some of our favorites.
Churchill Downs, historic host track of the Kentucky Derby, is offering lots of new ways to soak up the thrill of sports' greatest two minutes this year.
The Hyatt Regency Louisville just completed a $5.8 million renovation. And that's not the only reason to hit Louisville—it's one of our favorite, unexpected foodie and art destinations.
Coming to Louisville for the heart-pounding two-minute Run for the Roses on May 7th? Now in its 137th year, the Kentucky Derby shines a light on all that Bluegrass Country has to offer, from its history of thoroughbreds to the future of bourbon.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Top 20 Free Things to Do in Paris
- 5 Reasons to Visit El Salvador
- 10 Best Caribbean All-Inclusive Resorts for 2015
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $378 & up -- Hawaii Fare Sale from West Coast (Roundtrip)Hawaiian Airlines
- $700* & up -- South America Business Fares from U.S. (R/T)LAN
- $119 -- Wisconsin: 4-Star Lake Geneva Resort into SpringGrand Geneva Resort
- $1499 -- 7-Night French River Cruise w/Drinks & TipsCMV River Cruises
- $229 -- 4-Night Baja Mexico Cruise w/CreditCruises.com
- $123-$181 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, Save 30%The Westin Michigan Avenue