News Stories Tagged kauai
With over 50 miles of sandy shores—more than any other Hawaiian island—Kaua'i is a beach bum's dream. It's easy to give in to "Hawai'i time" and spend your trip relaxing at spots like Hanalei Bay (pictured) on the North Shore. But you'll miss out on some of Kaua'i's most exciting activities if you're parked on the sand the whole time. Here are five ways to get off your beach towel and experience some of the island's top adventures.
Should you try to fit another island into your trip or stay put? Tough call. Although none of the islands are more than thirty minutes away from another by air, security hassles, transport, and check-in all swallow up precious vacation hours. If you've got less than a week, you might want to stay put. But if you're considering a longer stay in Hawaii—and we hope you are—here are some ideas for ways to expand your trip.
Hawaii is heaven for travelers who never stop exploring. Here are our favorite places to surf, hike, and everything in between.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $999 & up -- Hawaii Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $99 & up -- Bahamas Long Weekend Cruises incl. NassauNorwegian Cruise Line
- $69 -- Orlando Hotel in Summer w/Park Shuttles, 50% OffBookIt.com
- $2227 & up -- 8-Nt Buenos Aires & Rio de Janeiro Trip w/AirLatinEscapes.com
- $198 & up -- Aruba: Luxe Adults-Only, All-Incl. Beach ResortBookIt.com
- $1314 & up -- Panama Canal & Rainforest Getaway w/AirLatinEscapes.com