News Stories Tagged kauai
With over 50 miles of sandy shores—more than any other Hawaiian island—Kaua'i is a beach bum's dream. It's easy to give in to "Hawai'i time" and spend your trip relaxing at spots like Hanalei Bay (pictured) on the North Shore. But you'll miss out on some of Kaua'i's most exciting activities if you're parked on the sand the whole time. Here are five ways to get off your beach towel and experience some of the island's top adventures.
Should you try to fit another island into your trip or stay put? Tough call. Although none of the islands are more than thirty minutes away from another by air, security hassles, transport, and check-in all swallow up precious vacation hours. If you've got less than a week, you might want to stay put. But if you're considering a longer stay in Hawaii—and we hope you are—here are some ideas for ways to expand your trip.
Hawaii is heaven for travelers who never stop exploring. Here are our favorite places to surf, hike, and everything in between.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Top 6 Alaskan Cruises for 2014
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best Regional Theaters in the U.S.
- 15 Best Beach Getaways for 2015
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $1099 & up -- Jamaica: 3-Nt. All-Inclusive Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $3299 -- Luxury Kenya Trip incl. Game Drives & AirLion World Travel
- $499 -- 7-Night Spring Caribbean Cruise on Royal CaribbeanCruise.com
- $1999 -- Australia's Rainforest & Wine Country w/4-Star AirQantas Vacations
- $86 & up -- NYC: Manhattan Hotel near Times Square, 65% OffBookIt.com
- $659 & up -- Cabo San Lucas All-Inclusive Vacation w/AirApple Vacations