News Stories Tagged kauai
With over 50 miles of sandy shores—more than any other Hawaiian island—Kaua'i is a beach bum's dream. It's easy to give in to "Hawai'i time" and spend your trip relaxing at spots like Hanalei Bay (pictured) on the North Shore. But you'll miss out on some of Kaua'i's most exciting activities if you're parked on the sand the whole time. Here are five ways to get off your beach towel and experience some of the island's top adventures.
Should you try to fit another island into your trip or stay put? Tough call. Although none of the islands are more than thirty minutes away from another by air, security hassles, transport, and check-in all swallow up precious vacation hours. If you've got less than a week, you might want to stay put. But if you're considering a longer stay in Hawaii—and we hope you are—here are some ideas for ways to expand your trip.
Hawaii is heaven for travelers who never stop exploring. Here are our favorite places to surf, hike, and everything in between.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1562 & up -- Iceland Holiday Trip w/Air & Northern LightsGreat Value Vacations
- $2310 & up -- French Riviera 5-Nt. Vacation w/Air & CarGreat Value Vacations
- $54 & up -- Orlando Hotel Sale through Summer, Half OffBookIt.com
- $5795* & up -- Business Class Flights for 2 on Luxe AirlineQatar Airways
- $489 & up -- Los Cabos Getaway w/Upgrade & Air, 40% OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $11.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com