News Stories Tagged joshua tree national park
We love the West Coast in the summertime—it's balmy and breezy from Mexico to Alaska. So whether you've got a week off or just need a weekend away, we've assembled a hit list of coastal road trips.
Tired of the same ol' tropical getaways? No, we're not either, but this year we're dying to shake up the classic spring break trips. From skiing to zip-lining, you really won't miss the beach (or the crowds).
What exactly is Joshua Tree? Exactly. This desert land is where places like Hicksville and Pappy & Harriets can exist. Its an expansive National Park. And it begs for a day or two of your time.
Less than 30 miles from the center of Palm Springs, this arid wilderness starkly contrasts with the neighboring resort area. Spring is one of the most popular seasons, especially when the wildflower bloom, typically between March and April
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- 10 Best Home Estate Tours in the U.S.
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- $4299 -- Southeast Asia: 5 Cities Vacation w/ToursSinorama Holidays
- $2899 -- Vietnam: 7-Night Escorted Vacation w/Air & MealsSinorama Holidays
- $183-$269 -- NYC: Manhattan Westin thru Holidays, 40% OffThe Westin New York Grand Central
- $183 & up -- NYC: 4-Star Downtown Tribeca Hotel, 40% OffSheraton New York Tribeca
- $165 & up -- SC: 4-Star Hilton Head Island Resort, Save 40%The Westin Hilton Head Island Resort & Spa
- $185 & up -- New 4-Star Punta Cana 'Westin' Resort, Save 25%Westin Puntacana Resort & Club