News Stories Tagged jazz
The New Orleans Jazz Festival is a force to be reckoned with—a fact we learned firsthand attending this year's 44th annual fest in the pouring rain. It was still awesome.
The city may be famous for Mardi Gras, but it's Jazz Fest that really trumpets The Big Easy's musical heritage. So head south from April 27 through May 6 for the true sounds, and tastes, of New Orleans.
If you're in Sugar Hill after 9:30 pm, drop by St. Nick's Jazz Pub (http://www.stnicksjazzpub.net), a laid-back, tiny basement club that has been a local fixture for ages. Bring some bills to stuff into the tip jar that circulates, grab a drink, and enjoy the late-night jam sessions.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- 20 US Places to See Before You Die
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $649 -- Exotic Caribbean Cruises w/Tips & Unlimited DrinksAvoya Travel
- $139 -- Legendary Downtown LA Hotel incl. Weekends, 40% OffMillennium Biltmore
- $1379 -- South Ireland 6-Night Gold Package in AprilTourism Ireland
- $7.48 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $1299 & up -- Ireland Tour: Dublin, Killarney & LimerickTourism Ireland
- $949 & up -- Hawaii: Weeklong Cruise to 4 IslandsNorwegian Cruise Line