News Stories Tagged jazz
The New Orleans Jazz Festival is a force to be reckoned with—a fact we learned firsthand attending this year's 44th annual fest in the pouring rain. It was still awesome.
The city may be famous for Mardi Gras, but it's Jazz Fest that really trumpets The Big Easy's musical heritage. So head south from April 27 through May 6 for the true sounds, and tastes, of New Orleans.
If you're in Sugar Hill after 9:30 pm, drop by St. Nick's Jazz Pub (http://www.stnicksjazzpub.net), a laid-back, tiny basement club that has been a local fixture for ages. Bring some bills to stuff into the tip jar that circulates, grab a drink, and enjoy the late-night jam sessions.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 10 Things NOT to Do in Chicago
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 10 Best Luxury Hotels to Visit in the Off-Season
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- $325 -- Waikiki: 5-Star Royal Hawaiian Resort, 40% OffBookIt.com
- $4299 -- Southeast Asia: 5 Cities Vacation w/ToursSinorama Holidays
- $335 & up -- Suite: 5-Star Beachfront Maui Resort, 55% OffBookIt.com
- $2583* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $154 & up -- NYC: 4-Star Hotel w/Statue of Liberty PassesBookIt.com
- $9.95 & up -- Rental Cars across the United StatesHotwire.com