News Stories Tagged japan
For lovers of nature and Japanese culture, discover five reasons to visit the island of Shikoku.
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the road with your sweetie or with your family in tow, or are after a culinary adventure to remember.
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy your cravings for both culture and the great outdoors.
Just when you thought the world's cutest kitty couldn't infiltrate global culture any more, she's now got a whole Los Angeles-bound airplane to herself.
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers. From foodies to families, we concocted four top itineraries for lal types to explore the wonders of this mysterious string of islands.
Whether it's the sushi, the style, or the neon lights that call to you, Tokyo has endless wow factor. And this is definitely the place to dress the part. Toss these fun, colorful picks in your carry-on and go.
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors. But we think it's time to embrace the snow with trips to these wintry wonderlands—think hot springs, snow tubing, and ice hotels.
Despite not being a Christian nation, Japan has taken a liking to celebrating Christmas. They go big with lights, trees, German-inspired markets, and...traditional KFC-sponsored Christmas feasts.
There are infinite reasons to book it to Japan, whether its Japanese food, cherry blossom season, or skiing in winter. But before you get there, you'll want to take note of these ten essentials.
If you think the first four dishes on this list are "udon, ramen, and tempura," you've got another thing coming. Japanese food goes well beyond raw fish and noodles.
Tokyo is one of the most expensive cities in the world, but if you know where to look, you can hit the town, see the sights, and eat incredibly well without breaking the bank. (Unless you want to.)
There are infinite reasons to hit both Tokyo and Kyoto while visiting Japan (mochi donuts, anyone?). So, why not take the train round trip for a once-in-a-lifetime tour all that this amazing country has to offer?
Want to know how to eat like a local in Tokyo? Follow the little red lanterns (different from other types of red lights) into the city's izakaya—neighborhood joints with mouthwatering, authentic foods.
Japan is a fascinating, complicated society. So to help make sure you save face on your next visit, here are ten hard-won etiquette tips from Angela Davis-Gardner, author of Butterfly's Child.
From following the Olympic torch straight to the July 27th opening ceremony to avoiding Canadian airport scanners, and everything in between, here's what we're reading now.
Where the old Palace Hotel in Tokyo once stood, the new Palace Hotel Tokyo is set to open its doors next month with unparalleled views of the Imperial Palace.
Japanese travel agency KIE/Kintetsu International, in partnership with Japan Airlines, is now offering travelers a multi-day package that includes the first ever non-stop flights from Boston to Tokyo.
With mid-cruise voyages to distant landlocked spots as well as uncommon ports of call closer to home, here are some top choices for the most unique cruising itineraries of 2012.
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation. They're often great for gathering information on topics such as what to expect when you land, where to find top hotels and the best under-the-radar restaurants, and when to book ahead for must-do activities. Essentially, it's all about the experience of what worked—and perhaps even more importantly, what didn't.
If Japan tops your list of must-see destinations, don’t miss a chance to score a free trip. But better act fast, because you have less than a month to throw in your hat.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- 10 Natural and Organic Beauty Products Worth Packing
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $189 & up -- NYC: Times Square Westin thru Fall, 75% OffThe Westin New York Times Square
- $119 & up -- Alabama: 4-Star Birmingham Hotel, 30% OffThe Westin Birmingham
- $130 -- Weekends at 4-Star Mexico City Hotel, 65% OffWestin Santa Fe, Mexico City
- $165-$185 -- Seattle: 4-Star Downtown Hotel, Save 35%Sheraton Seattle Hotel
- $158 & up -- Downtown Chicago 4-Star Hotel, Save 65%The Westin Chicago River North
- $179 & up -- Boston 4-Star Hotel near Newbury St., 45% OffSheraton Boston