News Stories Tagged japan
For travelers looking to venture away from the tourist hot spots, check out these Asian cities that promise authentic experiences away from the throngs.
For lovers of nature and Japanese culture, discover five reasons to visit the island of Shikoku.
Tokyo and Kyoto offer more than enough to cater to travelers many interests, whether you're hitting the road with your sweetie or with your family in tow, or are after a culinary adventure to remember.
Japan offers enough ancient architecture, commanding temples, and uninterrupted nature to satisfy your cravings for both culture and the great outdoors.
Just when you thought the world's cutest kitty couldn't infiltrate global culture any more, she's now got a whole Los Angeles-bound airplane to herself.
Japan is not only a land for all seasons, it's a destination for all travelers. From foodies to families, we concocted four top itineraries for lal types to explore the wonders of this mysterious string of islands.
Whether it's the sushi, the style, or the neon lights that call to you, Tokyo has endless wow factor. And this is definitely the place to dress the part. Toss these fun, colorful picks in your carry-on and go.
The promise of chilly temps tends to send us all indoors. But we think it's time to embrace the snow with trips to these wintry wonderlands—think hot springs, snow tubing, and ice hotels.
Despite not being a Christian nation, Japan has taken a liking to celebrating Christmas. They go big with lights, trees, German-inspired markets, and...traditional KFC-sponsored Christmas feasts.
There are infinite reasons to book it to Japan, whether its Japanese food, cherry blossom season, or skiing in winter. But before you get there, you'll want to take note of these ten essentials.
If you think the first four dishes on this list are "udon, ramen, and tempura," you've got another thing coming. Japanese food goes well beyond raw fish and noodles.
Tokyo is one of the most expensive cities in the world, but if you know where to look, you can hit the town, see the sights, and eat incredibly well without breaking the bank. (Unless you want to.)
There are infinite reasons to hit both Tokyo and Kyoto while visiting Japan (mochi donuts, anyone?). So, why not take the train round trip for a once-in-a-lifetime tour all that this amazing country has to offer?
Want to know how to eat like a local in Tokyo? Follow the little red lanterns (different from other types of red lights) into the city's izakaya—neighborhood joints with mouthwatering, authentic foods.
Japan is a fascinating, complicated society. So to help make sure you save face on your next visit, here are ten hard-won etiquette tips from Angela Davis-Gardner, author of Butterfly's Child.
From following the Olympic torch straight to the July 27th opening ceremony to avoiding Canadian airport scanners, and everything in between, here's what we're reading now.
Where the old Palace Hotel in Tokyo once stood, the new Palace Hotel Tokyo is set to open its doors next month with unparalleled views of the Imperial Palace.
Japanese travel agency KIE/Kintetsu International, in partnership with Japan Airlines, is now offering travelers a multi-day package that includes the first ever non-stop flights from Boston to Tokyo.
With mid-cruise voyages to distant landlocked spots as well as uncommon ports of call closer to home, here are some top choices for the most unique cruising itineraries of 2012.
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation. They're often great for gathering information on topics such as what to expect when you land, where to find top hotels and the best under-the-radar restaurants, and when to book ahead for must-do activities. Essentially, it's all about the experience of what worked—and perhaps even more importantly, what didn't.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- Ultimate Guide to European Rail Passes
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Wine Lover's Guide to St. Helena
- Vote for Fodor's Travel to Go to the 2015 SXSW Festival
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $743* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $1282* & up -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $799 -- Oceanview Cabin on Bermuda Cruise w/Drinks & TipsCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $559 -- Cruise Two Continents: 15 Nights plus $100 CreditCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $134-$151 -- Cabo All-Inclusive Beach Resort, Save 50%Riu Santa Fe
- $1647 & up -- Bangkok, Singapore, Hong Kong 9-Nt. Trip w/AirTripMasters.com