News Stories Tagged japan
If you think the first four dishes on this list are "udon, ramen, and tempura," you've got another thing coming. Japanese food goes well beyond raw fish and noodles.
Tokyo is one of the most expensive cities in the world, but if you know where to look, you can hit the town, see the sights, and eat incredibly well without breaking the bank. (Unless you want to.)
There are infinite reasons to hit both Tokyo and Kyoto while visiting Japan (mochi donuts, anyone?). So, why not take the train round trip for a once-in-a-lifetime tour all that this amazing country has to offer?
Want to know how to eat like a local in Tokyo? Follow the little red lanterns (different from other types of red lights) into the city's izakaya—neighborhood joints with mouthwatering, authentic foods.
Japan is a fascinating, complicated society. So to help make sure you save face on your next visit, here are ten hard-won etiquette tips from Angela Davis-Gardner, author of Butterfly's Child.
From following the Olympic torch straight to the July 27th opening ceremony to avoiding Canadian airport scanners, and everything in between, here's what we're reading now.
Where the old Palace Hotel in Tokyo once stood, the new Palace Hotel Tokyo is set to open its doors next month with unparalleled views of the Imperial Palace.
Japanese travel agency KIE/Kintetsu International, in partnership with Japan Airlines, is now offering travelers a multi-day package that includes the first ever non-stop flights from Boston to Tokyo.
With mid-cruise voyages to distant landlocked spots as well as uncommon ports of call closer to home, here are some top choices for the most unique cruising itineraries of 2012.
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation. They're often great for gathering information on topics such as what to expect when you land, where to find top hotels and the best under-the-radar restaurants, and when to book ahead for must-do activities. Essentially, it's all about the experience of what worked—and perhaps even more importantly, what didn't.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Three Places in the Dominican Republic to Visit Now | Fodor's
- 5 Reasons to Visit Cleveland Now
- Where to Eat in NYC for Fall 2014
- 20 of the World's Best Romantic Hotels
- America's 10 Best Cocktail Bars
- 10 Best Halloween Celebrations in the U.S.
- 20 Hotels That Are Soaked in History
- Long Weekend in Copenhagen | Fodor's
- 4 Reasons to Explore the Alentejo | Fodor's
- How to Use Your Cell Phone Internationally
- $20 & up -- Arizona Tour, Spa, Golf & Dining Deals, 70% OffVisit Arizona
- $1999 -- Escorted China & Hong Kong 11-Nt. Escape w/AirHong Kong Tourism Board
- $94-$151 -- Chicago: 4-Star Michigan Avenue Hotel, 55% OffThe Westin Michigan Avenue
- $3084* & up -- Premium Economy to New Zealand from LA, R/TAir New Zealand
- $1705 & up -- Costa Rica 8-Nt. Eco-Adventure incl. AirGreat Value Vacations
- $139 -- Luxe Colorado Resort incl. Parking, 50% OffWestin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain