News Stories Tagged japan
There are infinite reasons to hit both Tokyo and Kyoto while visiting Japan (mochi donuts, anyone?). So, why not take the train round trip for a once-in-a-lifetime tour all that this amazing country has to offer?
Want to know how to eat like a local in Tokyo? Follow the little red lanterns (different from other types of red lights) into the city's izakaya—neighborhood joints with mouthwatering, authentic foods.
Japan is a fascinating, complicated society. So to help make sure you save face on your next visit, here are ten hard-won etiquette tips from Angela Davis-Gardner, author of Butterfly's Child.
From following the Olympic torch straight to the July 27th opening ceremony to avoiding Canadian airport scanners, and everything in between, here's what we're reading now.
Where the old Palace Hotel in Tokyo once stood, the new Palace Hotel Tokyo is set to open its doors next month with unparalleled views of the Imperial Palace.
Japanese travel agency KIE/Kintetsu International, in partnership with Japan Airlines, is now offering travelers a multi-day package that includes the first ever non-stop flights from Boston to Tokyo.
With mid-cruise voyages to distant landlocked spots as well as uncommon ports of call closer to home, here are some top choices for the most unique cruising itineraries of 2012.
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation. They're often great for gathering information on topics such as what to expect when you land, where to find top hotels and the best under-the-radar restaurants, and when to book ahead for must-do activities. Essentially, it's all about the experience of what worked—and perhaps even more importantly, what didn't.
If Japan tops your list of must-see destinations, don’t miss a chance to score a free trip. But better act fast, because you have less than a month to throw in your hat.
March's earthquake and resulting tsunami caused massive destruction along the coast of north-eastern Honshu but had a relatively modest impact on the rest of the country. Thanks to our team of Japan updaters, here's a summary of the affected areas and what you need to know about the ongoing rebuilding and repair.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1999 -- Spain: 6-Nt. Vacation w/Tours & Air, $300 OffFriendly Planet Travel
- $108 & up -- Los Angeles Hotels on Sale, up to 75% Offtrivago
- $1278* -- New Zealand Fares from West Coast, R/T w/TaxAir New Zealand
- $199* -- Coast-to-Coast Spring Fares into May, One WayVirgin America
- $39 & up -- 1-BR Villa at 4-Diamond Beach Resort, 30% OffNorth Beach Plantation
- $234 & up -- Cayman Island Travel Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Depatment of Tourism