News Stories Tagged italy
An old-world Italian Christmas brims with tradition, culture, and of course, good food. Read on for a visitor's guide to the local holiday rhythm in three top Italian cities.
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort. They're not hip, they're not cool, and that is precisely the point. Read on for five of our favorites.
Italy has tightened environmental regulations to ban some cruise ships from entering Venice's lagoon. Will your next voyage be impacted?
From gluten-free pastas to naturally vegan pizzas to soy gelato, get your taste buds ready for the healthy side of Italy.
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters. But some of the continent's "second" cities have just as much history, culture, and cuisine to offer, with fewer crowds and at more affordable prices. Bon voyage!
Piedmont is a paradise for culinary hedonists with fine wines, iconic white truffles, mountain cheeses, and mouthwatering cuisine. It may seem like a lot to pack in, but we've crafted a one-day tasting tour.
'Tis the season for truffled travels. With summer vacations firmly in the rearview mirror, hungry travelers can now hit the road to hunt, dig, and taste the world's finest fungi from October through January.
Autumn is arguably the best time to visit Rome—fewer crowds, cooler temps, and endless things to do from small local festivals to tasting your way through Rome's fall bounty.
In our opinion, it would be a genuine challenge to be gloomy in Italy. Don't you agree?
It's easy to say that going to a hot destination in the off season will save you money, but the question remains—will it be as fun as the high season? In short... Yes. Here's how.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Ultimate Walt Disney World 2014 Planner
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- America's 10 Best Spots for Seeing Wildflowers
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1899 & up -- Ireland in Summer: 8-Nt., 4-City Trip w/AirAer Lingus Vacation Store
- $234 & up -- Cayman Island Travel Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Depatment of Tourism
- $49 & up -- Atlantic City Hotel Sale incl. Extras & CreditsAtlantic City
- $779 & up -- Puerto Vallarta 4-Star Dreams Trip w/AirApple Vacations
- $799 & up -- Balcony on Caribbean Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksNorwegian Cruise Line
- $529 & up -- Weeklong Cruise to the Bahamas, $190 OffRoyal Caribbean