News Stories Tagged italy
Rome may be an ancient city, but it's thriving culinary scene certainly isn't. And while there are plenty tried-and-true institutions, local Romans and in-the-know visitors will be found at these new hotspots.
The more time you spend in Italy, the more you'll notice that Italians love telling you what to do...whether you ask them for advice or not. Straight from the source, here are 10 things NOT to do while you're vacationing on the boot.
Christmas is magical in Naples, which starts from December 8th. Market vendors set up on Via San Gregorio Armeno, iconic nativity scenes are found all over town, and fairy lights line the narrow streets.
What does the holiday season bring to Rome? Understated celebration, with lights strung up on Via Condotti, a beautiful tree in St. Peter's Square, and the iconic Christmas fair in Piazza Navona.
Who better to point us in the direction of our new favorite ski destination than Olympic, World Cup, and National Alpine Champion skier Kaylin Richardson? She's skied virtually everywhere and has narrowed down her favorite slopes just for us.
The pictures of Venice's acqua alta are pretty wild. But these recent and seasonal floods have been occurring for centuries, and the truth of the matter is much less extreme. Here's a local's take.
Rome has it all—incredible cuisine, enticing cultural sights, and equally fantastic day trips. Here are our five top picks for quick escapes from the Eternal City.
A New Yorker and a Tuscan walk into a bar...Debi Mazar and Gabriele Corcos, hosts of the Cooking Channel's Extra Virgin, dish up their top Tuscany travel tips.
Tuscany in the fall means brisk days of olive oil tasting and countryside strolls, and evenings spent wine tasting and dining under the stars. Pack these smart, stylish looks and you'll be living la dolce vita.
Marco Pasanella's life is like a dream, a hard-won, years-in-the-making, passion-driven dream. He quit his job to open a wine shop in NYC and, despite setbacks, is still there living above the shop and traveling to Italy to make his own vino.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $849 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays