News Stories Tagged italy
An hour's flight from Rome, Sicily is the perfect holiday-within-a-holiday. Spend a long weekend traipsing from Trapani to Taormina, eating well and ogling ancient architecture.
When an Aman Resort opens, we come running. And their new property along the Venice Canals is no different—oppulent designs and high-end amenities mix in a prime San Polo location.
What could be dreamier than a summer holiday on Italy's Amafli Coast? Daytime strolls through town, sunset cocktails in Positano...Pack these chic picks and you'll fit right in.
Some spectacular new sites earned coveted spots on the UNESCO World Heritage Sites list last week, representing the best of what the world has to offer in natural and cultural beauty.
Established in 1555, Rome's Jewish Quarter has an long and rich history. And one of the best ways to discover it is through its most iconic dishes.
You've heard of Lake Como (thanks to George's exploits), but halfway between Milan and Venice lies Italy's largest lake. Filled with charm on all sides, here's why you should discover the "other" lake.
Starting in the sun-splashed coast of the French Riviera, a road trip is one of the most stunning and thrilling ways to discover three spectacular destinations in one go. Here's your itinerary.
Italy's posh playground, Lake Como, is now home to a swanky new boutique hotel—Casa sull'Albero. It is sleek and modern with all the amenities you'd expect here.
They said it couldn't be done...that it's impossible to find a tour bus-free patch of Tuscany to explore. They were wrong. This food-and-wine-filled Tuscan itinerary has more hand-made pasta than tourists.
Milan is a fierce and unique alternative to Italy's well-worn destinations. And as a visitor, one of the best ways to discover the city's core is to dine like, and among, the locals. Here's a field guide.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- How to Use the Internet to Find the Best Airplane Seats
- 15 Under-the-Radar Vacation Destinations
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- Black Friday/Cyber Monday 2014: The Best Travel Deals
- 10 Places to Go This Winter
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $539 & up -- Jamaica 5-Night, All-Incl. Trip; Kids Stay FreeCheapCaribbean.com
- $284-$300 -- Upscale Brazil Resort w/Drinks Using MasterCardSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $104 & up -- San Francisco Hotel incl. Breakfast, 45% OffBookIt.com
- $119-$169 -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $912 & up -- 3-Nts. at Luxe Santiago Hotel using MasterCardW Santiago