News Stories Tagged italy
"L’aperitivo" is Italy's version of happy hour, replete with tapas-style snacks and drinks. Here are 10 places to partake of the local tradition in Rome.
An old-world Italian Christmas brims with tradition, culture, and of course, good food. Read on for a visitor's guide to the local holiday rhythm in three top Italian cities.
There's something wonderfully comforting about an old-school ski resort. They're not hip, they're not cool, and that is precisely the point. Read on for five of our favorites.
Italy has tightened environmental regulations to ban some cruise ships from entering Venice's lagoon. Will your next voyage be impacted?
From gluten-free pastas to naturally vegan pizzas to soy gelato, get your taste buds ready for the healthy side of Italy.
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters. But some of the continent's "second" cities have just as much history, culture, and cuisine to offer, with fewer crowds and at more affordable prices. Bon voyage!
Piedmont is a paradise for culinary hedonists with fine wines, iconic white truffles, mountain cheeses, and mouthwatering cuisine. It may seem like a lot to pack in, but we've crafted a one-day tasting tour.
'Tis the season for truffled travels. With summer vacations firmly in the rearview mirror, hungry travelers can now hit the road to hunt, dig, and taste the world's finest fungi from October through January.
Autumn is arguably the best time to visit Rome—fewer crowds, cooler temps, and endless things to do from small local festivals to tasting your way through Rome's fall bounty.
In our opinion, it would be a genuine challenge to be gloomy in Italy. Don't you agree?
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Exchanging Your Money Abroad: 10 Simple Tips
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Italy: What to Skip, and Where to Go Instead
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- 10 Budget-Friendly Getaways for Spring 2015
- 6 Must-Have French Beauty Products
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Top 10 Places to Go for Spring 2015