News Stories Tagged italy
Italy has tightened environmental regulations to ban some cruise ships from entering Venice's lagoon. Will your next voyage be impacted?
From gluten-free pastas to naturally vegan pizzas to soy gelato, get your taste buds ready for the healthy side of Italy.
Everyone knows Europe's heavy-hitters. But some of the continent's "second" cities have just as much history, culture, and cuisine to offer, with fewer crowds and at more affordable prices. Bon voyage!
Piedmont is a paradise for culinary hedonists with fine wines, iconic white truffles, mountain cheeses, and mouthwatering cuisine. It may seem like a lot to pack in, but we've crafted a one-day tasting tour.
'Tis the season for truffled travels. With summer vacations firmly in the rearview mirror, hungry travelers can now hit the road to hunt, dig, and taste the world's finest fungi from October through January.
Autumn is arguably the best time to visit Rome—fewer crowds, cooler temps, and endless things to do from small local festivals to tasting your way through Rome's fall bounty.
In our opinion, it would be a genuine challenge to be gloomy in Italy. Don't you agree?
It's easy to say that going to a hot destination in the off season will save you money, but the question remains—will it be as fun as the high season? In short... Yes. Here's how.
An hour's flight from Rome, Sicily is the perfect holiday-within-a-holiday. Spend a long weekend traipsing from Trapani to Taormina, eating well and ogling ancient architecture.
When an Aman Resort opens, we come running. And their new property along the Venice Canals is no different—oppulent designs and high-end amenities mix in a prime San Polo location.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays