News Stories Tagged israel
This balmy Mediterranean city is rich with history, culture, and a fantastic culinary tradition. Discover the buzzy metropolis decked out in these chic-meets-casual duds.
Tel Aviv's culture and beach lifestyle are intimately intertwined, with both day and night seemingly revolving around the beach. Here, a guide to savvily navigating its shores.
Tel Aviv is home to a hip new hotel, smack in the center of its coolest 'hood. The Shenkin Hotel is modern, with a chic rooftop terrace, Dead Sea-sourced bathroom amenities, and lots of local pride.
Israel is often visited for the holy sites of the world's three major monotheistic religions. But with great food, thrilling adventures, and a thriving nightlife scene, there's much more to this diverse country.
Renowned Israeli-born chef and New York Times-acclaimed cookbook author Yotam Ottolenghi recently released a follow up cookbook, Jerusalem, which turns back to the foods he grew up with. Here, he leads us to the best eats in Jerusalem.
Our first Fodor's Travel Tastemaker is none other than Southern (er, Canadian) chef-extraordinaire Hugh Acheson. We talked with him about all things food—road trip snacks, great meals he had in LA, and his upcoming trip to Israel.
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences. And boy did you deliver—here are some of the most life-changing stories you told us.
Tel Aviv, the sunny city on the Mediterranean, has been heating up lately. It's filled with lively cafes, innovative dining, and an all-night party scene. Here's an insider's list of places to see and be seen.
The museum that holds Israel's largest collection of modern and contemporary art just doubled its exhibition space today with the opening of its new Herta and Paul Amir Building.
If you’re staying at a hotel, expect a substantial (even extravagant) buffet with breads and rolls, yogurts, hummus, cheeses, fresh vegetables and chopped salads, fruits, and even American-style foods such as pancakes and granola. This Israel breakfast is often included in the room price, but check. Some cafes serve the same spread. It’s enough to hold you for hours.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- Europe's Best City Escapes for Spring
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $39 & up -- 1-BR Villa at 4-Diamond Beach Resort, 30% OffNorth Beach Plantation
- $1437 & up -- Fiji Islands & Auckland 6-Nts. w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com
- $849 & up -- Balcony on Bahamas Cruise w/Unlimited DrinksNorwegian Cruise Line
- $208-- Miami: New Luxury South Beach Hotel, Reg. $449The Redbury, South Beach
- $1843 & up -- Spain: 6-Nt., 2-City w/Air & Wine TastingsGreat Value Vacations
- $299 & up -- Caribbean 7-Night Cruise w/UpgradeNorwegian Cruise Line