News Stories Tagged ireland
Novelist Johanna Lane, a native of Ireland, shares some of her favorite spots off the well-trodden tourist route.
For a pint and a healthy dose of Irish literary history, head to one of these historic Dublin sites, many of which have been frequented by the greatest Irish writers in history.
Ireland's capital city boasts a burgeoning food scene, stylish boutiques, swanky hotels, and an outdoor adventure scene for travelers who like to get their blood pumping.
Tired of following the pack? Set out on your own adventure with our list of the world's best destinations for independent travelers.
So you went to Dublin for St. Patrick's Day and clinked glasses with...other tourists. That's because the locals hit the pubs to celebrate Arthur's Day, a new-ish holiday in September.
Instead of going on the same ol' summertime trips, why not switch it up? From a US city making a major comeback to an iconic southeast African destination, here are our top summer getaway picks.
The Aran Islands (Inishmore, Inishmaan, and Inisheer) are three small, but adventure-packed islands off the coast of Ireland. Think craggy cliffs, lush green landscapes, and Bronze Age ruins.
Home to the picturesque Ring of Kerry, Killarney National Park, and Blarney Castle, Southwest Ireland boasts contrasting landscapes, mild climes, great outdoor adventures, and charming B&Bs.
Mixing modern design with a rustic Irish charm (no, really), The Marker is Dublin's hottest new hotel, situated in the Docklands area.
If you can survive St. Paddy's in Dublin, you can survive it anywhere... right? Find out what it takes to make it through those iconic, green-hued day(s) in true Irish style.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- 10 Best River Cruises for 2015
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- A Fool-Proof Amalfi Coast Itinerary
- The 7 Best Family Beaches in the East
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Under-the-Radar Attractions in the U.S.
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- $59* & up -- Nationwide Fares on Award-Winning Airline, O/WVirgin America
- $189-$219 -- 4-Star Downtown Nashville Hotel, Save 40%Sheraton Nashville Downtown
- $135 -- CO: Luxe Beaver Creek Resort incl. WeekendsWestin Riverfront Resort & Spa at Beaver Creek Mountain
- $2799 -- 10-Night Alaska Cruise w/Tips, $200 Credit & AirOceania Cruises
- $2599 -- 4-Night London & Downton Abbey Tour w/AirFriendly Planet Travel
- $499 & up -- Riviera Maya 4-Star, 3-Nt. Trip w/Air, $340 OffCheapCaribbean.com