News Stories Tagged indonesia
With metallic and bright color touches throughout, the design-, eco-, and luxury-conscious Luna2 Studios hotel will attract a whole new jet-set to Bali when it opens in September.
From the world's largest Buddhist temple to lush highland rice terraces, Indonesia is a visually stunning paradise. And one that's well explored aboard a small but plush Seabourn ship.
From Arkansas to Nicaragua, we've got our ear to the ground when it comes to the hottest new hotels. So with a new year ahead, we're sharing which soon-to-open properties we are most excited for.
A 'to do' list in Bali looks like this: lazy breakfast, bike ride to the beach, afternoon surfing lesson, sunset cocktails, repeat. Sounds taxing. To help, we found the best of those sunset cocktails.
Disassembled gun parts were found in three stuffed animals at a Rhode Island airport, orangutans are using iPads in Miami, and a Russian jet disappeared in Indonesia. Here's what we're reading now.
Global luxury hotel collection Amanresorts has been luring travelers to exotic locations since 1988. Now they're setting sail this fall with their new (and duly opulent) Amanikan cruiser.
Being bohemian in the big city is so passé. Search out "La Vie Bohème" island-style instead, where you can skip out on urban smog in favor of sunshine, and forgo the standard island mega-resorts for artsy, rustic digs. We've rounded up seven island destinations that will have you letting loose and reconnecting with the good life in no time.
The tropical Indonesian archipelago, with its 17,508 isles spilling over with pristine beaches, lush vegetation, vibrant villages, and stuck-in-time temples, is primed for a seafaring discovery. The burgeoning port of Bali serves as the most prominent cruise ship call in the region: Read on for a roundup of five top Bali cruise vacations.
There are several models: the long porcelain bowl in the floor, which flushes; the usual Western throne; its seatless cousin, often used in mid-price hotels, which is flushed with a dipper of water; and the hole in the ground.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 US Islands Where You Can Beat the Winter Blues
- 5 Reasons to Go to Charleston, South Carolina Right Now
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts for Families in the US
- 10 Great Spots in Paris with a Literary History
- Top 10 Places to Go This Spring
- 15 Budget-Friendly Spring Getaways for 2014
- World's Best Overwater Bungalows
- Fodor's Approved: 15 Most Stylish Women's Shoes for Travel
- Where to Eat at This Year's SXSW Festival
- 15 Legendary Hotels Around the World
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $9 & up -- Car Rentals across the U.S.CarRentals.com
- $43 -- CA: Six Flags Magic Mountain Day Pass, Reg. $68Visit Santa Clarita
- $1139 & up -- Rome, Athens & Istanbul 7-Nts. w/Air & HotelsEuropeanDestinations.com
- $59* & up -- Spring Fare Sale on Alaska Airlines, One WayAlaska Airlines
- $999 & up -- 5-Night Vacation to Turks & Caicos, $400 OffCheapCaribbean.com
- $1437 & up -- Fiji Islands & Auckland 6-Nts. w/Air & HotelsTripMasters.com