News Stories Tagged india
Everyone is falling for Mumbai, including Soho House which is about to open its first Asian outpost there. Get dolled up day and night in these Technicolor picks.
We love a stint of adventurous eating as much as the next guy—particularly in Southeast Asia. And who better to coach us in all things street food than the owner of Pok Pok, Andy RIcker?
Fairmont Hotels swung open the gilded doors of its first property in India on August 9th. The Fairmont Jaipur is chock full of Indian influence, from a masala-chai station to the Mughal-style day beds.
Think you're the ultimate budget traveler? Prove it—become a finalist in CheapOair.com's Traveler of the Year contest and you'll spend a month in China or India with a friend. But there's a twist.
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences. And boy did you deliver—here are some of the most life-changing stories you told us.
Fodor's recently caught up with actress Penelope Wilton (Downton Abbey, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel) to talk about her travel passions, which range from the colorful, frenetic streets of India to the bucolic countryside of France's Auvergne.
Wouldn't it be romantic to retire at a luxurious hotel in India? That's the premise that sends seven British strangers packing to Rajasthan in The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, which debuts in theaters on May 4. Fodor's got a sneak peak from the film's director, John Madden, at the real-life locations behind the kaleidoscopic on-screen world.
India has long been a land of pilgrimage. Here, the author of India: A Sacred Geography rounds out a list of nine tirthas (or, spiritual power places) essential to any spiritual quest in the country.
Park Hyatt opened its second hotel in India last week. Located in Southern India’s sprawling business capital Hyderabad, the new eight-story glass-and-granite hotel features some of the largest guest rooms in the city, luxury apartments for extended stays, and more.
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation. They're often great for gathering information on topics such as what to expect when you land, where to find top hotels and the best under-the-radar restaurants, and when to book ahead for must-do activities. Essentially, it's all about the experience of what worked—and perhaps even more importantly, what didn't.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 5 Reasons to Visit Houston Now
- Top 5 Things to Do in Queens
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Checking In: Park Hyatt New York
- World's Best Cruises for 2015
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- $999 & up -- Hawaii Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $1299 & up -- Ireland Tour: Dublin, Killarney & LimerickTourism Ireland
- $3299 -- Luxury Kenya Trip incl. Game Drives & AirLion World Travel
- $84 & up -- Atlanta Area Hotels on Sale through WinterStarwood Hotels & Resorts
- $139 -- 4-Star Hotel at Boston Logan Int'l Airport, Save 30%Hilton Boston Logan Airport
- $419 & up -- Pacific Coast 5-Night Cruise to VancouverNorwegian Cruise Line