News Stories Tagged india
Everyone is falling for Mumbai, including Soho House which is about to open its first Asian outpost there. Get dolled up day and night in these Technicolor picks.
We love a stint of adventurous eating as much as the next guy—particularly in Southeast Asia. And who better to coach us in all things street food than the owner of Pok Pok, Andy RIcker?
Fairmont Hotels swung open the gilded doors of its first property in India on August 9th. The Fairmont Jaipur is chock full of Indian influence, from a masala-chai station to the Mughal-style day beds.
Think you're the ultimate budget traveler? Prove it—become a finalist in CheapOair.com's Traveler of the Year contest and you'll spend a month in China or India with a friend. But there's a twist.
We recently asked you, dear readers, about your most unforgettable travel experiences. And boy did you deliver—here are some of the most life-changing stories you told us.
Fodor's recently caught up with actress Penelope Wilton (Downton Abbey, The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel) to talk about her travel passions, which range from the colorful, frenetic streets of India to the bucolic countryside of France's Auvergne.
Wouldn't it be romantic to retire at a luxurious hotel in India? That's the premise that sends seven British strangers packing to Rajasthan in The Best Exotic Marigold Hotel, which debuts in theaters on May 4. Fodor's got a sneak peak from the film's director, John Madden, at the real-life locations behind the kaleidoscopic on-screen world.
India has long been a land of pilgrimage. Here, the author of India: A Sacred Geography rounds out a list of nine tirthas (or, spiritual power places) essential to any spiritual quest in the country.
Park Hyatt opened its second hotel in India last week. Located in Southern India’s sprawling business capital Hyderabad, the new eight-story glass-and-granite hotel features some of the largest guest rooms in the city, luxury apartments for extended stays, and more.
Reading trip reports from other travelers can be an invaluable resource for planning your next vacation. They're often great for gathering information on topics such as what to expect when you land, where to find top hotels and the best under-the-radar restaurants, and when to book ahead for must-do activities. Essentially, it's all about the experience of what worked—and perhaps even more importantly, what didn't.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Asia's 10 Best Second Cities
- 25 Things To Do in New York This Fall
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- 15 Must-See Literary Sights in London
- Global Entry vs. TSA PreCheck: Which One Is Right for You?
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- How to Get a Seat Upgrade
- What's the One Thing Fodor's Editors Never Travel Without?
- Hotel Opening: London's Ham Yard Hotel
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1368* & up -- Fly to Australia: 6 Cities on Sale, R/TAir New Zealand
- $743* & up -- Fly to Brazil from the U.S. (Roundtrip)TAM Airlines
- $160-$175 -- Jamaica: New Adults-Only All-Inclusive ResortHotel Riu Palace Jamaica
- $679* & up -- Europe Fall Fares on 'Best Airline' (R/T)Lufthansa Airlines
- $1474 -- Oceanview: 12-Nt. Europe Cruise w/Tips & All DrinksCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $1499 -- Suite: Mexican Riviera Cruise w/$1250 in ExtrasCruCon Cruise Outlet