News Stories Tagged illinois
The back of the Museum of Contemporary Art in Chicago is one of the best spots to have lunch in the city. Wolfgang Puck's Puck's Café has a great menu.
The Second City offers free improvisation following the last performance every night but Friday.
Chicagoans love to party almost as much as they revere their music. During their short sweet summers, they pull out all the stops, celebrating blues, country, gospel, Celtic, and world music with festival after festival. Labor Day weekend and the annual Jazz Festival are the perfect finale to summer in the city.
Could Chicago be one of America's most photogenic cities? Recent entries to our Show Us Your Chicago Photo Contest lead us to believe so. Its towering architectural giants and iconic skyline give photographers plenty to capture. The contest, sponsored by Chicago's own Shedd Aquarium, runs through July 31st. Here are a dozen photos (of the many submitted so far) that show off the Windy City's camera-friendly side.... Submit your photo for a chance to win tickets to Shedd Aquarium and a Fodor's guide, or view the contest slideshow.... Navy Pier
"There are lots of rides, shops, restaurants, boat tours, bikes, skates & Segway rentals... more than enough to do at The Navy Pier to entertain the whole family for the whole day."
Submitted by bainso...
"My favorite spot in Chicago, day or night, is looking back on the City from the Planetarium area."
Submitted by bsnyder67...From the Forums: Romance in Chicago...on a Budget...
North Avenue Beach
"We rode south to Museum Campus and beyond...
Have you BEAN to Chicago? Judging from recent entries to our Show Us Your Chicago Photo Contest, many visitors to the Windy City can't get enough of the city's most famous large legume. The contest, sponsored by Chicago's own Shedd Aquarium, runs through July 31st. Here is a sampling of the bean-tastic photos we've received so far.... Submit your photo for a chance to win tickets to Shedd Aquarium and a Fodor's guide, or view the contest slideshow.... Have you visited Millennium Park? Review and rate the experience.... "We visit my in-laws in Chicago every year during the holidays. This picture was taken in 2007, and it was the first time we had seen "The Bean." Though it was smudgy with condensation on that day, we spent quite a while taking reflected photos in many different combinations."
Submitted by shelly_m...
"I braved a very cold November morning to get this shot. Security guard asked me why I abandoned a warm bed to come shoot, when the sculpture would be here all day. I showed him this...
Fodor's latest restaurant and hotel reviews: Sixteen, Grand Hyatt, Platine, Hard Day's Night Hotel, Ago Ristorante, Trump International Hotel & Tower.
Sixteen, ChicagoUninterrupted views of the landmark Wrigley Building, Lake Michigan, and Chicago River make it easy to overlook the food at Sixteen– but you shouldn't. Located on the sixteenth floor (hence the name) of the sleek Trump International Hotel & Tower, the restaurant serves chef Frank Brunacci's unique fusion of European and Asian flavors. Dishes like Tasmanian trout or truffle lasagna are a treat for that special occasion, while coconut-lemongrass soup and upscale lobster rolls are perfect for a power lunch. The best deal might be at breakfast, when house-made crumpets, breakfast quesadillas with fried eggs, and freshly squeezed juices are an indulgent accompaniment to sunrise over the lake. 401 N. Wabash Ave., River North. 312/588-8030. www.trumpchicagohotel.com. Median entrée price: $39... -- View more Chicago restaurant
Free Fodor's Newsletter
Subscribe today for weekly travel inspiration, tips, and special offers.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 5 Last-Minute Memorial Day Deals
- Top 20 Spring Day Trips From New York City
- 4 Perfect Southern Summer Itineraries
- Fodor's Approved: Best Checked Luggage
- 10 Best Small Towns in America
- Airline Uniforms Get a Fashion Update
- Best Day Trips from Paris
- Most Popular Honeymoon Destinations (and Where to Stay)
- 6 Dream Travel Jobs that Actually Exist
- Tips from the Jet Set: How to Do Paris Right
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Go List: Fodor's Top 25 Places to Go in 2013
- Hotel Awards 2012: Fodor's 100 Top Hotels
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $144 & up -- Weekends at 4-Star Chicago-Area Hotel, Save 60%The Westin Lombard Yorktown Center
- $1512 & up -- Irish Escape: 7-Nt. Multi-City Vacation w/AirGreat Value Vacations
- $269 -- Boston: 4-Star Back Bay Hotel thru Summer, 30% OffThe Westin Copley Place
- $199 & up -- Chicago 4-Star Riverfront Hotel, Save 40%Sheraton Chicago Hotel & Towers
- $999 & up -- Berlin Late Summer Sale Fares, R/TLufthansa
- $4269* & up -- First Class to Europe in Summer, R/TLufthansa