News Stories Tagged iceland
Tired of following the pack? Set out on your own adventure with our list of the world's best destinations for independent travelers.
The world's northernmost capital is a charming destination in all seasons. Here are some suggestions for what to bring in your suitcase.
Visit Iceland and the Faroe Islands, and tell your friends and family you’ve hiked a glacier, basked underneath the Northern Lights, and helicoptered over remote, dreamy islands.
We've narrowed down five top honeymoon recommendations for winter that offer the perfect setting for you to kick off your life together—in style.
In Iceland you can be sure that every experience will bring you closer to nature. But that's not to say that its capital city of Reykjavik isn't filled with wonderful culture, fantastic eats, and charm to spare.
Author Hannah Kent knows a thing or two about loving Iceland's rich literary side. From the Sagas to the country's oldest bookshop, here is her guide to seeing Iceland in a whole new light.
For what this quiet land lacks on the vacation popularity front, it makes up for in lustrous glacial landscapes. Its rugged natural beauty is also remote—here are 4 ways to reach it.
Fodor's caught up with George R.R. Martin, the grand storyteller behind HBO's award-winning series Game of Thrones, which returns for its hotly anticipated second season on April 1, at 9 pm. Here, he gives us a sneak peek at the film locations that represent his richly imagined Seven Kingdoms of Westeros, and more.
The results of our premier "Best of Europe" survey are in, and there are plenty of surprises, along with some predictable outcomes. As we expected, Fodorites are regular European travelers whose journeys take them far beyond the usual tourist track. Read on for more survey highlights.
Luxury tour provider Abercrombie & Kent has announced an Arctic cruise adventure worth planning ahead for. The company will be hosting an expedition voyage aboard the sleek, 199-passenger MV Le Boreal, for a 2013 foray into polar bear country.
The new year brings a slew of new cruises to suit every travelers' taste, from family-oriented, ten-day trips to the Caribbean, to luxury, round-the-world sailings that stop in dozens of exotic ports. We've been flooded with news from every cruise line about their 2013 voyages, and have identified our favorites to give you the scoop on the best of what's offered.
Don't be fooled by the term "off season." Now is the best time to take advantage of travel deals; the crowds are gone and many hotels and airlines have dropped their rates. We've rounded up our favorite value fall travel destinations, where you'll get the same luxuries for a fraction of the price.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- New All-Inclusive Resort Azul Sensatori Jamaica Opens in Negril
- Fodor's Go List 2015
- Ten Things NOT to Do in Italy
- 7 Best Warm Weather Trips Without a Passport
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in Paris
- 5 Reasons to Visit Addis Ababa Now
- 20 Ultimate Things to Do in New York City
- 10 Best All-Inclusive Resorts in the Caribbean
- World's Best Honeymoon Destinations for 2014
- $999 & up -- Hawaii Cruise Sale w/Choice of ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $549 & up -- Mexico Riviera Cruises w/Upgrades & ExtrasNorwegian Cruise Line
- $89 & up -- Hotel Deals Across Arizona through WinterVisit Arizona
- $899 -- Oceanview: 7-Nt. Alaska Cruise w/Drinks, Tips & MoreCruCon Cruise Outlet
- $2580* & up -- Fly to Australia in Premium Economy, R/TAir New Zealand
- $64 & up -- Myrtle Beach One-Bedroom Oceanview CondoPrince Resort at the Cherrry Grove Pier