News Stories Tagged hong kong
From molecular-engineered ice cream to ultra-high-end Asian fusion dining, here are seven can't-miss eateries to try in Hong Kong.
This visually stunning, electrifying metropolis has seen a flurry of new hotel openings in the last year. Here are 10 of the best.
A member of the Design Hotels group, the new Mira Moon hotel flaunts cutting-edge design in Hong Kong's hip Wan Chai neighborhood.
Come for the art and the views, but stay for the fantastic food, strong drinks, and swanky stays. Hong Kong should be at the top of your travel wishlist right now. Here's why.
Behind Hong Kong's towering skyline skyscrapers is a world of unique, diverse downtown enclaves, from the bohemian to the sports-obsessed. Here are 5 off-the-beaten-track Hong Kong attractions.
Hong Kong is one of Asia's most exciting cities. But after a few days of crowds and hustle-bustle, you may need a break. These 5 day trips offer a slower pace not far from the city center.
Hong Kong is known for great food, buzzing nightlife, inspiring attractions, and for having one of the largest expat communities in Asia. One expat peels the curtain back on what it's really like to live there.
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise. But on a recent trip, we discovered there's so much more: think fine dining, soothing spas, and cultural extravaganzas.
Topographically, hilly Hong Kong is a place of highs and lows. And the same can be said of the city cost-wise. But if you plan your trip right (with our top tips), you'll be splurging and saving in all the right places.
A cross between Hong Kong and Tokyo, Taipei offers everything from upscale design hotels to themed cafes, and a lot of Hello Kitty to boot.
They've been around since the mid-90s, but are coming into the light. They are the famed private kitchens of Hong Kong, offering some of the city's best cuisine in intimate spaces, and they're going mainstream.
As the temperatures start to drop, our minds wander to winter escapes—whether that means hitting the slopes, the sand, or the city. Here are our expert picks for where to head this winter.
This island metropolis is hotter than ever, with fantastic food and wine paired with great music and cultural events. Pack these chic picks to stay cool in Hong Kong.
Fall and winter is the best time to head to Hong Kong—weather is lovely compared to humid summer months, there are festivals galore, and, excitingly, its Hairy Crab season!
When it comes to traveling for food, you're not gonna do much better than following Mario Batali's advice. From Michigan to Mexico, and well beyond, here are his top spots to travel this summer.
Discover Conrad hotels worldwide with their special spring offer of discounted rates with advanced bookings.
Getting stuck at the airport usually equates to mind-numbing boredom. Happily, these seven international jet-set hubs are coming to flyers’ rescue, continuing to roll out mega-entertainment options and "top that!" amenities that transform their terminals into temporary tourist destinations in their own right.
Head through the courtyards and start your visit to the Sam Tung Uk Museum in the exhibition hall at the back, where a display gives helpful background on Hakka culture and pre-industrial Tsuen Wan - explanations are sparse elsewhere.
To check your fortune at the Man Mo Temple in Hong Kong, stand in front of the altar, ask a question, select a small bamboo cylinder, and shake it until a stick falls out.
At the Heritage Museum in Hong Kong, don't miss the opera hall's virtual makeup display, where you get your on-screen face painted like an opera character.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Stunning Hotels in Unexpected Places
- 10 Restaurants Worth a Day Trip in Europe
- 15 Best Beer Gardens in the U.S.
- 10 Last-Minute Beach Getaways for Summer
- 20 Best Day Trips in the U.S.
- World's Most Luxurious Wine Country Hotels
- Best Credit Cards for Travelers
- How to Cure Jet Lag
- Long Weekend in Lisbon
- Seafood Lover's Guide to Brittany, France
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $1639 & up -- Bangkok, Singapore & Hong Kong 9 Nts. w/AirTripMasters.com
- $75 & up -- Nationwide Virgin America Sale into October, O/WVirgin America
- $110 & up -- Downtown St. Louis Hotel, 55% OffSheraton St. Louis City Center Hotel & Suites
- $1965 & up -- Sydney, Melbourne & Auckland 9 Nights w/AirTripMasters.com
- $234 & up -- Cayman Island Travel Deals; Save up to 40%Cayman Islands Department of Tourism
- $57 & up -- Myrtle Beach Oceanfront Suite w/Daily BreakfastPalace Resort