News Stories Tagged hong kong
Fall and winter is the best time to head to Hong Kong—weather is lovely compared to humid summer months, there are festivals galore, and, excitingly, its Hairy Crab season!
When it comes to traveling for food, you're not gonna do much better than following Mario Batali's advice. From Michigan to Mexico, and well beyond, here are his top spots to travel this summer.
Discover Conrad hotels worldwide with their special spring offer of discounted rates with advanced bookings.
Getting stuck at the airport usually equates to mind-numbing boredom. Happily, these seven international jet-set hubs are coming to flyers’ rescue, continuing to roll out mega-entertainment options and "top that!" amenities that transform their terminals into temporary tourist destinations in their own right.
Head through the courtyards and start your visit to the Sam Tung Uk Museum in the exhibition hall at the back, where a display gives helpful background on Hakka culture and pre-industrial Tsuen Wan - explanations are sparse elsewhere.
To check your fortune at the Man Mo Temple in Hong Kong, stand in front of the altar, ask a question, select a small bamboo cylinder, and shake it until a stick falls out.
At the Heritage Museum in Hong Kong, don't miss the opera hall's virtual makeup display, where you get your on-screen face painted like an opera character.
Hong Kong accounts for 50% of the world market for shark. The expensive shark’s-fin soup, considered by locals to be an aphrodisiac, is made with the great beast’s pectal, dorsal, and lower tail fins.
No trip to Hong Kong would be complete without doing so. In often humble, fabric-cluttered settings, customers on record include such notables as David Bowie, Kate Moss, Jude Law, and Queen Elizabeth II.
The year 2011 is almost upon us so we've rounded up nine cities around the globe that celebrate the New Year with style. Find your perfect party, from family-friendly affairs to all-night debauchery to classic celebrations.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- Fodor's Go List 2014
- 7 Quirky American Winter Festivals
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- 7 Under-The-Radar All-Inclusive Resorts
- 7 Reasons to Go to Miami this Winter
- Weekend Escape: Holiday Shopping in NYC
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- Mexico City's Coolest New Museums
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand