News Stories Tagged hong kong
Come for the art and the views, but stay for the fantastic food, strong drinks, and swanky stays. Hong Kong should be at the top of your travel wishlist right now. Here's why.
Behind Hong Kong's towering skyline skyscrapers is a world of unique, diverse downtown enclaves, from the bohemian to the sports-obsessed. Here are 5 off-the-beaten-track Hong Kong attractions.
Hong Kong is one of Asia's most exciting cities. But after a few days of crowds and hustle-bustle, you may need a break. These 5 day trips offer a slower pace not far from the city center.
Hong Kong is known for great food, buzzing nightlife, inspiring attractions, and for having one of the largest expat communities in Asia. One expat peels the curtain back on what it's really like to live there.
Often just a side trip from Hong Kong, Macau is known as a gambler's paradise. But on a recent trip, we discovered there's so much more: think fine dining, soothing spas, and cultural extravaganzas.
Topographically, hilly Hong Kong is a place of highs and lows. And the same can be said of the city cost-wise. But if you plan your trip right (with our top tips), you'll be splurging and saving in all the right places.
A cross between Hong Kong and Tokyo, Taipei offers everything from upscale design hotels to themed cafes, and a lot of Hello Kitty to boot.
They've been around since the mid-90s, but are coming into the light. They are the famed private kitchens of Hong Kong, offering some of the city's best cuisine in intimate spaces, and they're going mainstream.
As the temperatures start to drop, our minds wander to winter escapes—whether that means hitting the slopes, the sand, or the city. Here are our expert picks for where to head this winter.
This island metropolis is hotter than ever, with fantastic food and wine paired with great music and cultural events. Pack these chic picks to stay cool in Hong Kong.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- World's 10 Best Ski Towns for Foodies
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Incredible Private Pools at 7 Worldwide Hotels
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $449 & up -- 5-Night Bermuda Cruise on Royal CaribbeanAmerican Express Travel
- $257 & up -- Riviera Maya All-Inclusive Adults-Only ResortExcellence Riviera Cancun
- $419 & up -- 4-Night Caribbean Cruise to CozumelRoyal Caribbean
- $1599 & up -- 'World's Best' Caribbean Cruises, over 60% OffWindstar Cruises
- $894* -- Fly to Exotic Cook Islands from West Coast, R/TAir New Zealand