News Stories Tagged holidays
Not sufficiently in the holiday spirit yet? Follow our intrepid writer through Europe's Christmas markets and feel the warm glow of yuletide cheer. Or at least get some good travel tips!
Like the rest of Spain (and, really Europe), Barcelona lights up during the holidays with festive displays and tasty treats that abound. But there's one Catalan tradition that may surprise (and delight?) you.
What are you supposed to do in the face of so many frosted cookies followed by frosted drinks? Everything in moderation, we say. Even on holiday, you can stay healthy and fit with these easy tips.
Steel yourselves, holiday travelers. If you plan to arrive or depart from any of our country's major airports this season, take a look at this infographic. And charge your gadgets, you'll be on the ground for a while.
Christmas is magical in Naples, which starts from December 8th. Market vendors set up on Via San Gregorio Armeno, iconic nativity scenes are found all over town, and fairy lights line the narrow streets.
Before we head off on holiday adventures, let's turn to the ultimate jetsetter for some hard-won packing tips. His bags are bright, he checks his list twice, and keeps a smile on in the face of weather delays.
Despite not being a Christian nation, Japan has taken a liking to celebrating Christmas. They go big with lights, trees, German-inspired markets, and...traditional KFC-sponsored Christmas feasts.
For all the warm, fuzzy parts of the holidays (gingerbread houses, decorating the tree), there are stressful counterparts (holiday traffic). Download these apps to keep logistics from going awry.
If you feel like your traditional holiday recipes could use some spicing up, our friends at Living Language have got just the thing—holiday recipes from around the world.
We won't judge you if you just started holiday shopping this weekend. (We sort of did, too.) So we took it on ourselves to roundup the best travel-minded books we discovered this year!
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 15 Festivals to Attend Before You Die
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guides
- 11 Cyber Monday Travel Deals at Beach Hotels
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Stocking Stuffers
- 10 Best National Parks to Visit This Winter
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Under $100
- 10 Cheeses Worth Traveling For
- Fodor's 2013 Holiday Gift Guide: Kids
- Top 15 Warm-Weather Resorts for Families
- Ultimate Safari Planner
Fodor's Trip Planning Ideas
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Best of Europe: Fodor's Picks the Best Places to Visit in Europe
- $525 -- Luxe Rio de Janeiro Resort over New Year's EveSheraton Rio Hotel & Resort
- $699 & up -- Cancun All-Inclusive Beach Escape w/AirApple Vacations
- $949 & up -- Caribbean: 7-Nt. Cruise on World's Largest ShipRoyal Caribbean
- $599 & up -- Weeklong Southern Caribbean CruiseRoyal Caribbean
- $869 & up -- Westin Maui 3-Nt. Vacation w/AirPleasant Holidays