News Stories Tagged holidays
Looking for that perfect holiday outfit? Hit the town, or beach, or mountain resort, in style on New Year's Eve with top picks from our fashion writer.
Not sufficiently in the holiday spirit yet? Follow our intrepid writer through Europe's Christmas markets and feel the warm glow of yuletide cheer. Or at least get some good travel tips!
Like the rest of Spain (and, really Europe), Barcelona lights up during the holidays with festive displays and tasty treats that abound. But there's one Catalan tradition that may surprise (and delight?) you.
What are you supposed to do in the face of so many frosted cookies followed by frosted drinks? Everything in moderation, we say. Even on holiday, you can stay healthy and fit with these easy tips.
Steel yourselves, holiday travelers. If you plan to arrive or depart from any of our country's major airports this season, take a look at this infographic. And charge your gadgets, you'll be on the ground for a while.
Christmas is magical in Naples, which starts from December 8th. Market vendors set up on Via San Gregorio Armeno, iconic nativity scenes are found all over town, and fairy lights line the narrow streets.
Before we head off on holiday adventures, let's turn to the ultimate jetsetter for some hard-won packing tips. His bags are bright, he checks his list twice, and keeps a smile on in the face of weather delays.
Despite not being a Christian nation, Japan has taken a liking to celebrating Christmas. They go big with lights, trees, German-inspired markets, and...traditional KFC-sponsored Christmas feasts.
For all the warm, fuzzy parts of the holidays (gingerbread houses, decorating the tree), there are stressful counterparts (holiday traffic). Download these apps to keep logistics from going awry.
If you feel like your traditional holiday recipes could use some spicing up, our friends at Living Language have got just the thing—holiday recipes from around the world.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Places to Go This Fall
- Top 10 Fall Trips for Food Lovers
- 10 Best Casino Restaurants in the World
- 11 Must-See Ch?teaux Outside Paris
- Europe's 10 Most Epic Hiking Trails
- World's Best Golf Resorts
- 10 Best U.S. Train Trips to Take This Fall
- Long Weekend in Palenque, Mexico
- Top 5 New York City Activities for Teens
- How to Pack Light for a Trip
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $916* & up -- Fly to Chile from the U.S. Roundtrip w/Tax)LAN
- $409 & up -- 7-Nt. Caribbean Cruises incl. Extras & UpgradesNorwegian Cruise Line
- $139-$169 -- San Francisco Hotel near Airport, 40% OffSan Francisco Airport Marriott Waterfront
- $206-$218 -- Grand Opening: Weekends at Luxe Houston HotelJW Marriott Houston Downtown
- $499 & up -- 7-Night Caribbean Cruise on Holland AmericaAmerican Express Travel
- $592* & up -- Fly to Ecuador from the U.S. (Roundtrip w/Tax)LAN