News Stories Tagged history
Some of Europe's most rewarding destinations are set well off-the-beaten path. It's well worth the effort to get to any of our 15 picks for the best undiscovered European destinations.
Discover 20 of the world’s most stunning libraries, from a UNESCO World Heritage Site in the mountains of South Korea to the modern incarnation of Ancient Alexandria's legendary library.
In the fashionable streets of Le Marias lie remnants from Paris's sometimes turbulent history. Here, author and professor Eric Jager highlights landmarks and scenes from the city's medieval past.
As much as we love new boutique hotels, there's something to be said for the storied grandes dames. Discover 15 of the world's most legendary hotels.
In honor of Presidents’ Day, visit these 10 restaurants and watering holes where the country’s Commanders-in-Chief have wined and dined over the years.
Author Lorànt Deutsch dives into Paris's long history by examining different stops on the Métro, which he says represents the city’s central nervous system.
Shrouded in mystery and history, Ethiopia is an emerging hot spot that's just beginning to unveil its many treasures to international tourists. Look first to the capital, Addis Ababa, where tradition meets modernity.
Boldly emerging on the tourism scene, Ethiopia (aka the "cradle of humanity") proposes a tempting travel landscape where culture, nature, and history converge.
This tropical wonderland is a dream for any sun-and-sea worshiper, and with direct flights available daily from New York and Miami, it's a perfectly convenient quick getaway.
Author Wes Davis, a former excavations assistant at Kavousi in Eastern Crete, recounts his archaeological adventures on the storied Greek island, from his first visit 25 years ago through to today.
Fodor's Top News & Features
- 10 Top Bakeries Across the US
- World's 10 Best Trips for Wine Lovers
- 20 Gorgeous Seaside Towns in Italy
- Pot Tourism: How to Buy Marijuana in Colorado
- 10 Castles You Can Actually Afford to Sleep In
- Romantic Getaway: Long Weekend in San Juan
- World's Best Destinations for Solo Travel
- Where to Drink in Chicago Now
- 10 Best Lakeside Hotels in the US
- Cheap and Chic: 10 Affordable Hawaii Hotels
- 80 Degrees: Fodor's Helps You Find Your Best Beach Vacation Spots
- Fodor's Go List 2014: Where we are going in 2014
- World Cup Fever: Start planning your trip to Brazil!
- Fodor's 100 Hotel Awards: Check out the winners of 2013
- Weekend Getaways: Fodor's Recommends the Best Weekend Escapes in the US
- Great American Vacation: Find Your Next U.S. Trip with Fodor's
- $209 & up -- Manhattan Westin near Grand Central, Reg. $450The Westin New York Grand Central
- $125 & up -- 4-Star Houston Hotel at the Galleria, Save 55%The Westin Oaks Houston at the Galleria
- $169 & up -- Weekend Cruise to Baja Mexico on CarnivalCarnival Cruise Lines
- $1351 & up -- Ireland in Fall: 8-Nt. Trip w/Car from ChicagoGreat Value Vacations
- $56 & up -- Oceanfront room at Myrtle Beach Resort, 30% OffSea Watch Resort
- $899 & up -- Dreams: 4-Star Cancun Beach Retreat w/AirApple Vacations